Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,072   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

JOBO GOES DIGITAL

Maybe you already knew this,

http://www.jobo-usa.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wonder if Jobo realizes that their digital products don't distinguish themselves in the market - one external DVD is pretty much like the next.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Why cant photography shops remain photography shops without for some reason thinking that they need to become digital photography shops, its like those shite magazines.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Why cant photography shops remain photography shops without for some reason thinking that they need to become digital photography shops, its like those shite magazines.
    If your income were shrinking by, say, 20-30% each year, with no end in sight, wouldn't you find another way to make a living, before you starve?

It's funny, I was just thinking today about all the little gadgets and gizmos we use in darkrooms, like measuring graduates, film clips, glassine envelopes, proof printers, tongs, trays... with the next generation of photographers almost certain to be 95% digital, companies like Paterson, Falcon and Jobo will not be around (in their present form) much longer.

Because most of the darkroom supplies we buy (other than chemicals) last for years and years, darkroom equipment mfrs have always depended for their sales on new people coming into the field. How many developing trays do you plan to buy next year? Zero, right?

There will (hopefully) always be enough of us to ensure that film, paper and chemicals will be available, but what about all those little hardware items that we all rely upon so heavily in the darkroom? Sad, really sad...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't buy 'photography specific' items if there is something else that will do the job just as well. Like, for example, film clips, plastic clothes pegs work fine for me.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm not saying they should sell digital, I just don't see the need to change your name to "digital this" or "Digital that" as if not having digital in your name means you don't sell digital.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin