Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,232   Online: 980

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Forte and Efke are in different countries. EFKE Croatia? Forte Hungary?

Last story I heard was Omega [The US importer of Forte] had beening getting new shipments.
    That story is incorrect. Omega no longer has any sort of relationship with Forte and they have not had any since Forte was placed in administration last October.

As for B&H - they are now out of Forte Polygrade V glossy and apparently for good. I called their sales folks today and they report that they have no plans to place another order. They declined to give a reason.

I think J&C Classic is the sole source of new Forte inventory (if indeed any is being produced) now.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 09-05-2005 at 01:47 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: open quote tag

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    The latest Freestyle catalog has some info on "Arista.edu made in Hungary" product... "Anticipated Availability - Oct. 2005". On the cover they say "Forte is back. Hungarian Plant Reopens under new ownership." They list Polywarmtone Plus and Poly V Plus, each available in RC and FB.

Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Forte

I have quite a bit in the freezer right now from when the crisis hit. Someone here have any communication with Bergger? Maybe I'll rustle up an email address
    and see if they answer. J+C does have it in stock right now. I notice John from there is keeping mum on this. Freestyle says October(?) That's less than 30 days away. This saga is just so pathetic...
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, nobody need despair quite yet. Calumet Photo is advertising new Forte inventory to arrive in October. And, of course, there is the FreeStyle advert for paper arriving in October.

I think Forte might be doing a couple of scheduled runs per year but may not be producing regularly. Who really knows, but I'm not ready to pronounce them dead yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just opened a package of Forte Fortepan200 4x5 I had laying around a few weeks ago, shot some photos, yet to develop them.. They could probably cut some costs by using less paper!
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    E-mail Jand C. They know a lot about this stuff.
    i emailed john from j&c a while back and forgot to mention what he said to me in the email regarding the plant closure of forte ...
    he said a while back, forte was bought by an investment firm and they are out of bankruptcy. he also said they are closed summers - summer vacation for the workers, and it allows for plant maintenance.

- john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Colley
    They could probably cut some costs by using less paper!
    I couldn't help but laugh...I remember the first time I opened a box of their film (in a changing bag)...I thought I was going on some kind of expedition to find the film amongst the paper...
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Forte on Vacation

Just printed today on some FortePolywarmtone FB. with Agfa Neutal WA. Great combo and I toned it in my homemade Polytoner. Doesn't get much better
    Hoping all the above is true....Forte should be one of the remaining Photo Suppliers
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Just printed today on some FortePolywarmtone FB. with Agfa Neutal WA. Great combo and I toned it in my homemade Polytoner. Doesn't get much better
    Hoping all the above is true....Forte should be one of the remaining Photo Suppliers
    Best, Peter Schrager
    That's what I use minus the home made toner, I just got some Viradon and am interested to see how it tones with that..

Quote Originally Posted by peters
    I have quite a bit in the freezer right now from when the crisis hit. Someone here have any communication with Bergger? Maybe I'll rustle up an email address
    and see if they answer. J+C does have it in stock right now. I notice John from there is keeping mum on this. Freestyle says October(?) That's less than 30 days away. This saga is just so pathetic...
    Best, Peter Schrager
    We've had Forte Polywarmtone, Polygrade and Fortezzo under our J&C brand for three years. Even when Forte was under recivership we had all of these in stock in at least some sizes. Forte was bought out by an investment firm and is currently solvent. We've been receiving shipments from them for months now. I believe I have posted all of this before on previous threads. I really don't understand what all the excitement is about.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin