Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,544   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gim

Quote Originally Posted by athanasius80
    If its any indication, I got my new Freestyle catalog in the mail today. No Agfapan film is listed by itself, however starter kits are, and B&W paper is still there. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say. Lets just hope its just a glitch before the rumored production run in October.
    See page 19 for film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Seems strange I thought the decline of MF film is slower than it is on 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    I think that the bulk of MF is mostly used by advertising/fashion/magazine/wedding/etc pros and most of them seem to have switched to digital. Fine art and amateur use is (or was) probably a small percentage. I could be wrong though - I though B&W would not be hit so hard by digital because I didn't think the pros used much of it... Ho hum...

Cheers, Bob.

I gave up on Agfa when they stopped 4x5. I need the same film across all formats.

I sold the last box to a man in Florida who was happy to get it. I had it frozen since bringing it home and it was still in date by a year or two.

Rodinal can be replaced with R09 from J and C. It is the original formula. It will look like black ink, but works fine. Dilute 50% more than Rodinal for similar effects and retest time.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Most rollfilms such as APX-100 sold out. Even I moved up to a years supply of APX-100 and APX-400-New into my fridge. They still have some stocks of 35mm as the demand did not go nuts.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My bad. Its on page 19. Shouldn't read the catalog when I'm tired. Sorry for any confusion/panic.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anyone heard of AGFA SILVERTONE ?

www.henrys.com has this film and in the description it says it replaces APX films. Does anybody have any info on this stuff?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiloK
    www.henrys.com has this film and in the description it says it replaces APX films. Does anybody have any info on this stuff?
    I have seen this stuff on eBay and a few other places for a few years now. According to the Massive Dev Chart it is the same stuff as APX. I believed that it was some sort of relabeled APX, not a replacement. I am not finding stuff on the web right now. Who knows, but it sounds to me like Henry's is getting goofy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    Who knows, but it sounds to me like Henry's is getting goofy.

Worse then normal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin