Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,258   Online: 998

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hungarian film and paper due in at Freestyle in October

The latest Freestyle printed catalog arrived in the snail mail today. There is a full page ad for a load of Arista.edu films and papers made in Hungary to arrive in October (anticipated). This is good news, as I was planning on buying another box of the 200 speed sheet film if they stocked it again. Their new label shows MADE IN HUNGARY under the ARISTA.EDU trademark.
    Happiness is a load of bulk chemicals, a handful of recipes, a brick of film and a box of paper. - desertrat

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Hungary-eh?

Desertrat- I'm a little taken aback by that information as I had assumed that
    Freestyle had severed the relationship with Forte. Seems like Satter-Omega got the hit. The catalog says "we cut out the middleman" This very good news.
    I was in B+H Photo in NYC today. Started talking to the salesman there. I do NOT want to start ANY rumor mill but he sort of hinted that Bergger was going to take over the company or play a major investment part in same. They are looking to have a two-tiered paper sales pitch with a lower and higher brand.
    This would fit in perfectly with Bergger because Forte made practically ALL their
    products anyway. In the ever-shrinking market for analogue a few players will be able to survive and offer quality products for us. Let's hope that at least part of this is true......
    Best, Peter Schrager

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I really hope this happens. I am almost out of the Forte Arista.edu paper and I will buy a whole mess of it if I can. Unbelievable price for awesome paper. I haven't seen anything myself and it doesn't seem to be on their web site yet. Hmmmm.

I just looked at the Fresestyle catalog in PDF format on their web site. They are selling it for quite a bit more than they used to, but still a lot less than Forte sells for. This is going to make Omega Satter really happy: "So, if you prefer to pay more for the gold packaging...fine" Ouch!
    Last edited by Paul Sorensen; 08-29-2005 at 10:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Updated info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    I do NOT want to start ANY rumor mill ...
    Posting something on the internet is the perfect way to avoid starting rumors!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi !
    It seems that Forte will be bought by a lot of people...
    You speak about Bergger, I know that Mirko Boedecker in Berlin (fotoimpex) is planning/trying to buy it, and I've been told about a merger with AgfaPhoto (in order to cut salary costs...)
    So, as rumors ran, they will have way too much money and will go to French Riviera enjoy their luxury yachts instead of making film and papers....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin