Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,881   Online: 1018

Thread: Future of AZO

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Future of AZO

Hi Guys:

Forgive me for bringing this up if it's already been covered...

I havent' heard for sure that Kodak is dropping AZO. Does anyone know for sure. I know M. Smith is working on some replacement paper, but I'd like to know about teh AZO. I have a few thousand sheets which should last me a while, but in case it gets ruined in a flood or something.....

-Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Hi Guys:

I havent' heard for sure that Kodak is dropping AZO. Does anyone know for sure. I know M. Smith is working on some replacement paper, but I'd like to know about teh AZO. I have a few thousand sheets which should last me a while, but in case it gets ruined in a flood or something.....

-Mike
    Azo is not produced anymore. The last run should last several years.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Hi Guys:

-Mike
    The Brazil plant where Azo was made is shut down for good........Smith posted there was plenty of stock left, but I am afraid it is the end of azo by Kodak....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just so anyone finding this thread through a search gets a more complete story, Here are links to a couple of important posts by Michael A Smith to the effect that he and Paula Chamlee are dedicated to ensuring that high-quality silver chloride paper continues to be available for any forseeable future.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...988#post149988
    http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...363#post150363

-KwM-

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Today I took delivery of AZO grade two and three in boxes of 100 sheets. And, plenty more where that came from I am happy to say, thanks to Michael and Paula Chamlee:
    (www.michaelandpaula.com) & Mike Jacobson, (artcraft@peopleps.com) All you will ever need to know is there! Best wishes Stan. L-B
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin