Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,143   Online: 1010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid warning

I picked up a couple of like new and working SX70 cameras at a estate sale over the weekend. The fact that i will now be purchasing Time-Zero film for these cameras could be a signal that it may soon be out of production.

Only a few days after I returned to using Kodak paper did the word come down about Kodak discontinuing production.

You have been warned.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Jim. Let me know if you start buying anything else.

Oh, and have you considered going digital? Could be just the thing we are looking for!

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With Polaroids BK a couple of years ago, in actuallity I am really surprised they are still making the films they are, of course the new direction of polaroid has been decidedly slanted tword digital in the past couple of years as well..so only time will tell..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wasn't there something about problems with creative processes with this film ?
    Or is it another ? It was mentioned here on APUG.
    S°ren

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Funny, you can still get Fuji film for the Poloroid 550 holder which was discontinued sometime back.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    that has been an issue with being able to manipulate time zero film. Polariod has been working on correctly this problem.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    The fact that i will now be purchasing Time-Zero film for these cameras could be a signal that it may soon be out of production.

Only a few days after I returned to using Kodak paper did the word come down about Kodak discontinuing production.

You have been warned.
    I think I have the same jinx Jim. Just as I had got going real good with Polymax and Azo, they cease production. I had just gotten into SX-70 manipulations when the Polaroid "change" to the film was announced. Now I feel the same about Polaroid sheet film. Just as I'm really starting to enjoy it, you watch, Polaroid will quit making it.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin