Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,813   Online: 729

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    "DURST PICTOCHROM ENLARGERS"

I can vouch for this enlarger since I have one, if you can get it cheap it is an AMAZING machine!!
    I'l check the penny jar and see if i can swing it...

Actually, I would prefer a B&W l1200 to keep my colour l1200 company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You won't be sorry, and I bet it would be superb for color work with it's color control panel. Has everything from air cooled head, exposure shutter for exact exposures, focus control motors so just slight taps on the focus button and your grain pops into focus. You can program it or run it 100% manually..
    Last edited by Sean; 09-08-2005 at 06:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean: do you want to know about the old color separation labs in Detroit that had to throw out their 8x10 Dursts... because they couldn't give 'em away ??

BTW... can we ship you that fork truck COD ?

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Man, I'll try and go. It's only 2 miles from where I live...
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Sean: do you want to know about the old color separation labs in Detroit that had to throw out their 8x10 Dursts... because they couldn't give 'em away ??

BTW... can we ship you that fork truck COD ?

That happened here in Milwaukee. A 30,000 square foot lab/studio quit business, had a sale and at the end two 8x10 enlargers were standing between the dumpsters waiting to be discarded. The place was only blocks from my house but I had no way to move the enlargers and no place to put them...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The page that the original post linked to states "public auction".

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    by invite only.;-p

Absolutley right.

Actually, since digital has wiped out AP in consumer stores, and since this stuff is hard to ship, I don't expect many of the 'usual suspects'. Tough to pack a couple suitcases with enlargers and fly 'em back to New York. These ain't Leicas.

Maybe some Ebay speculators, and scrap guys. Who knows. A few photographers there will encourage the auctioneer to not bundle everything up in lots.

Just don't tell Carnie.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74
    The page that the original post linked to states "public auction".
    The bum is trying to keep everyone away. Gotta watch those peachbutts. Their a sneaky breed.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, but we're all fuzzy and stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm kinda thinking that the fork lift is just the thing for 8x10 architectural jobs

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Images
    Just think of all the added movements it could add to your camera. a whole lot of Rise, Shift, Rear Tilt. That fork lift is looking more and more usable
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin