Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,982   Online: 940

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Agfa et al

It's just too damn sad to see this film stock disappear from the marketplace.
    I reiterate the fact that the last man standing will make a profit. Agfa already has the marketing and distribution channels set up to go. What a shame. Support Ilford-they want the business. Freezers-I've had three loaded for the last 10 years-only who knew how fast the "D" revolution would take place. At my age I think as soon as I have the money I will load up once more but that should be it for me.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The information of discontinued 120 rolfilms of Agfa photo is correct.

However in the B&W market, Rollei is introducing officially next month new films:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/uploaded...ad_id=25646984

Under them Retro 100 and Retro 400, emulsion based on APX and the 120 rolfilm configuration is made in Hungary. (Agfa is not possible anymore).

Further a new I.R. iso 400 film, also available on 120 rolfilm and 4X5" and a new super fine grain PAN25 film, iso 25 also available on 120 rolfilm.

Further information is already available on our NL-website.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

thank you

Thank you Robert
    Peter Schrager

boc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a Shame. I'm a big fan of Agfa paper and have been planning on testing APX. Guess I'll forget about it now and stick with Efke which I've grown quite fond of.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Agfa seem to be discontinuing all MF and B&W film the 2 areas I would of thought film is decining the least.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My freezer already looks like a film store. The wifes going to kill me if I keep stocking up on all these great discontinued products! I got the same email from John Auer, but at least he told me they would continue making B&W paper!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We should start a museum of discontinued products...

Bummer, as I was just starting to get the hang of it, having completed initial density tests, and ready to finetune my process.

Is JandC planning on getting the new Rollei films? I'm sure it won't be hard to get customers. For now I praise these goodly folks for bringing us Efke, among other things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well this is only from AGFA USA right? Or is AGFA USA the only AGFA still making film?

But great news about Rollei, as long as it is the same film I don't care about the label.

(AGFA USA is being rather stupid still, who will buy 135 if you have to buy your 120 film from another brand? That's not the way to know your films)

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Or is AGFA USA the only AGFA still making film?"

I don't think Agfa USA ever made anything, Quinten... I am pretty sure they did not make film. The European plants must have been productive enough (in the good old days) to cover the overseas demand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin