Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,811   Online: 1092

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    He is still a crook

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Yeah...the auction has been "cleaned" up. Maybe it was because I emailed him.
    Sorry I was busy in acquiring some 50,000+ rolls of short dated pro films recently and always rely on the very awkward eBay's software for automatic relisting my auctions. Just like David said it is a relisting and the listing was written long time ago. I modified the listing to prevent buyers confusion - I am a frequent APUG visitor when I have time, but sometimes I won't be here for many days. If you have any question the best way to contact me is via my website www.collect888.com.

For that old listing what I wanted to do is to stimulate buyers' urgency. The discontinue of film production is not a rare news in last few months. I was selling Kodak Tech Pan 120 for $4 or $5 per roll a few months ago and now it is selling for $18 per roll on eBay. Someone paid me a few thousand dollars to get a few hundred rolls of Tech Pan 120 because no one else has the film.

Just before the summer there are not a lot of attentions on Agfa's APX 120 films and suddenly last few weeks I saw a surge of sales for my APX 120. By now not a lot of dealers stock this films. I have stocked a lot of b&w films including APX when the rumors floating around. It seems my urgency is paid off now - I have many case of APX 100 and 400 120 films in stock today.

My advice to film users: be alert and have some urgency. When necessary, buy enough of your favorite films and freeze them. You can go with digital any time but it is difficult to keep doing analog when there is no film stock you like.

===

Now let me waste some key strokes:

mrcallow received from me a non positive feedback a few years ago on eBay and that is why he "have found this seller to be less than ethical".

I am not sure Satinsnow's story but at least he got all his money back. eBay ID satinsnow has a "-1" feedback score - an appropriate way to define a crook.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    "what I wanted to do is to stimulate buyers' urgency"

Is that kinda like stimulating exit urgency by yelling fire in a crowded movie theatre?

To stimulate urgency when none is warranted, for the purpose of personal gain defines unethical crook better than anything else that crosses my mind at the moment.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by collect888
    I am not sure Satinsnow's story but at least he got all his money back. eBay ID satinsnow has a "-1" feedback score - an appropriate way to define a crook.
    What the hell are you talking about, that I have a -1 feedback score, I have one feedback on this system and that is for an item I purchased and it is a positive!!!!, as is all of my ebay feedback! ,please explain what your talking about?

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by collect888
    I believe an appropriate definition would be, "One who purposefully provides misleading information in an attempt to slander another." Dave of SatinSnow's eBay feedback isn't -1, but since you apparently don't know enough about eBay to figure out what his eBay seller ID is, you wouldn't know that. It took me all of 2 minutes to find out what his feedback rating is, and I guarantee you that it's a whole lot better than "-1".

And he hasn't managed to rack up 75 non-positive feedback ratings in the last year, like someone who's involved in this thread.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tsk - he was doing so well until that little outburst at the end. If you care to notice 888 (or can I call you collect?) the satinsnow you refer to is in the UK, not the US - only one letter, but a small matter of 3,500+ miles.

Anyone can view your feedback and it is riddled with complaints of long delays of the sort Dave reports.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    oh boy...here we go again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Tsk - he was doing so well until that little outburst at the end. If you care to notice 888 (or can I call you collect?) the satinsnow you refer to is in the UK, not the US - only one letter, but a small matter of 3,500+ miles.

Anyone can view your feedback and it is riddled with complaints of long delays of the sort Dave reports.
    To balance your findings, there are 5000+ positive feedbacks in my eBay feedback records too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    oh boy...here we go again.
    David,

We don't have to go anywhere, someone asked a question this morning, I answered based on the experiances I have had with the seller of this particular item, the information I posted was truthful and correct, based on my experiance, then the seller posted slanderous information about me, which is not true and has no basis in truth...

It does not need to go into the area of "here we go again" of course I imagine, some may have a different opinion, such as you did, when you had a bad experiance a few months ago with a film purchase and continued to post for about three pages with your film purchase experiance.!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    What the hell are you talking about, that I have a -1 feedback score, I have one feedback on this system and that is for an item I purchased and it is a positive!!!!, as is all of my ebay feedback! ,please explain what your talking about?

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow Ground Glass
    You can see for yourself. Here is the eBay link:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=satinsnow

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin