Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,841   Online: 876

Shooter
    Large Format

Availibility of sheet film in Central Europe

Hello to all!

Before I ask I mostly try it by myself ... ;-)

The past two weeks I was looking for sheet film for my baby-ULF, 10x12.
    Wrote round about 50 mails to dealers worldwide, made phone calls ... either nobody replied or I got a "nope!" ... Fimpex, Silverprint, ...

One of the GErman dealers/manufactorers (phototec/Maco) replied with a good tip I want to share:

b+g Banse und Grohmann GmbH
    Mr. Dieter Grohmann
    d.grohmann@bg-wernigerode.de

They have sheet film with these sizes and seem also to cut from roll:

2 ½ x 3 ½
    3 ¼ x 4 ¼
    3 ½ x 5 ½
    4 x 5
    4 ¾ x 6 ½
    5 x 7
    8 x 10
    10 x 12
    11 x 14
    12 x 15
    14 x 17
    12 x 20

At the moment NP15 (25ASA) and NP22 (100ASA), NP27 (400ASA) won't be sold at the moment due to problems with it's quality ...

NPxx, hasn't it been the naming for the old Orwo-Films? And a circle becomes it with some Forte charges seem to have quality ...

I ordered 4x5 and 10x12 for testing purposes with a moderate pricing especially for European prices

Horst
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That naming seems like what I recall seeing for companies switching from the Efke to films labeled as Adox (though all you know with Adox is it's rebranded, since the Adox brand has been purchased, in different countries, by many unrelated firms). I suspect it's the same as Efke films were (which, in turn, were similar to old Adox formulae, by report) -- except that I don't recall ever seeing an ISO 400 film from Efke (perhaps it's a new product).

The seeming custom cutting to order is also something I've associated with Efke in the past, reports being that they'd cut any of their films to any size (from master rolls) at quite a reasonable minimum order. In light of the combination, and the fact that it was the only ISO 25 on the market last I saw, I'd suggest that this is the film we've previously known as Efke.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll just add that Wephota also stock all (all!) the cm-formats - from 6.5x9cm to 30x40cm. So I can feed both my baby VAG (6.5x9) and the huge Russian (30x40), as well as everything inbetween
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Me, here in Italy, I cannot find 5x7 films (only E6) so I have to order them from USA.
    But I use colour films. Is this German manufacturer dealing colour films also?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Carsten,
    simply ask him, his mail address is listed. I don't use color ... at the moment. MY source for this format and need would be Calumet with 5 or 6 offices here, the next to you is Munich/Germany (+49 (0) 89-53072 80). If you need any help with ordering or shipping let me know.

good luck
    Horst
    everything becomes more worse. one thing becomes better: the moral becomes more worse.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Sorry Carsten; only a few 35mm colour films. No sheet films at all.

But there must surely be others? Nordfoto (www.nordfoto.de) has quite a selection, but 5x7" might be difficult. They have mostly 13x18cm.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Horst,
    I will check Calumet.
    Ole 5x7 or 13x18 don't make any difference for my holders. So I will check Nordfoto too.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin