Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,200   Online: 1058

Thread: Ilford 220 film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford 220 film

www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I certainly do. I have bought 150 rolls of 220 Tri-X this year for air photography. It's a lovely film for many roles, but not so well suited to high resolution work. I would so much rather have been able to use Delta 400 but, although you can still get it in 120, I really can't afford to have to change film every 10 shots in the air. I have written to Ilford about this. Their reply was that their old machine for making 220 is worn out and that it is not economic to replace it. Maybe if others who would buy 220 would contact them they might feel more assured of a market. After all Tri-X seems to be the only B&W film left in the format and that wasn't exactly easy to get, so there is not a lot of competition left.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was some discussion of this on the Ilford site a while back.

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...22&whichpage=1

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like the seller had no idea..."some cheap film for you to play around with" indeed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had that I went and got a load of duplicates from my Bearmat Collection, Based on what other people were selling the mats for I thought I would be lucky to get £3 for my 65 mats I got £8, I have no Idea why!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    I certainly do. I have bought 150 rolls of 220 Tri-X this year for air photography. It's a lovely film for many roles, but not so well suited to high resolution work. I would so much rather have been able to use Delta 400 but, although you can still get it in 120, I really can't afford to have to change film every 10 shots in the air. I have written to Ilford about this. Their reply was that their old machine for making 220 is worn out and that it is not economic to replace it. Maybe if others who would buy 220 would contact them they might feel more assured of a market. After all Tri-X seems to be the only B&W film left in the format and that wasn't exactly easy to get, so there is not a lot of competition left.

David.
    Maybe they ought to approach Agfa. Agfa used to offer one or two of their professional colour negative films in 220 format - somehow I doubt if their 220 machine would have worn out!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know Agfa have even stopped the production of 120 film.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    As far as I know Agfa have even stopped the production of 120 film.
    All the more reason they might want to sell the machine.

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin