Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,373   Online: 1114

Thread: Infrared Films

Shooter
    Multi Format

Infrared Films

I was looking around online to find what infrared films are still available, and it appears as if the available emulsions are becoming fewer in number quite quickly. I have been unable to find Konica IR750 (my favorite IR film), and the AGFA and Ilford emulsions seem to have dissappeared as well. Other than Kodak HIE (expensive and not looking good for continued production), and Maco IR820c (which I've heard rumors about dissappearing) are there any other IR films still out there?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    MACO IR is not going to disappear, although it may be replaced by the new MACO IR820/400 which may also be sold as Rollei IR. The new film is just as good as the old one, and lots faster.

Konica IR is gone.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will miss the Konica film. I also have heard that Maco will have a new film out. Does anyone know when that may be released?

Elvis

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis
    Does anyone know when that may be released?
    I know that 'Fotohuis' (member in the Dutch forum; he also has a website: www.fotohuisrovo.nl) knows all about it. He told me, that I could put it on my x-mas wish list :-).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm ... a faster Maco film will be nice, though hopedully it won't be more expensive than the current stuff...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've tried the Maco IR 820/400, and - I like it! Surprisingly fine grain for an ISO 400 IR-sensitive emulsion, beautiful tones when developed in Neofin Blau. I'll definitely buy more of it - and bigger sizes, too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't mind paying $8-10 a roll you can search ebay for Konica 750. Plenty of expired 35mm and 120 available.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good to hear about hte Maco stuff....

I've see the expensive rollls on EBay, but I'm not sure that its worth that expense. If I wanted to spend that much on IR Film, I'd stock up on HIE (which I've yet to completely get the hang of). Where can the new Maco film be purchased?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242
    I'd stock up on HIE
    But that's not available in the 120 format, is it? At least not in the Netherlands.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei/Maco films can be ordered via the national Rollei/Maco distributers. We have received yesterday new Rollei try out kits with all the new Rollei films available, except the Ortho, which is not in production yet.

Up from next week we have the trial kits on our web. We are supllying the original "soup" R.H.S. and R.L.S. from Amaloco Photochemicals, the Netherlands and CG-512 from CG.

Freight charges for Europe will be F.O.C.; so on our costs. The price of the trial kits we have to recalculate for a very attractive price. IR-400 is calculated on Eur. 7,70/film in the kit. The wooden box is included.

For further information of the new Rollei films you can look at our NL-website. Preliminary technical info of the new films are in German language for the time being only.

Best regards,

Robert

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin