Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,968   Online: 999

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eumenius
    I suggested once to my electronics friend a portable destroyer of electronics, made that way: a small, GN 28 or more if possible flash with bad lamp has the lamp replaced with a coil - a pair or two of turns of thick copper wire, maybe with a ferrite rod inside. When the "test" button is pressed, the unit emits a strong directed electromagnetic instant impulse, enough to blow any input circuit of induction-based sensors or similar things. What's interesting, my idea worked - it was tested, as I was told, on a subway tourniquet. Well, I am not guilty that such ideas come to my mind... but maybe my scheme would work with digicams, too? Just take something like old Metz 60 with lead-acid power pack
    One of these and a cell phone jammer would qualify as nirvana for me....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Are we living in a totalitalian state?
    If it's the USA, that's for sure - you can't imagine how much does it resemble the former Soviet Union to people who lived there. Looks like anti-communists after 1946 did something wrong in their effort to struggle with the USSR, copying some worst parts of it. Well, I can't say it's okay when a photographer from the USA tells as a good advice on his site, that one should never ever remain with or without his camera alone with the female models or, even worse, children. It's important to have witnesses around, just in case. Or the American Nationalism issue? Or many other things in school and governmental institutes? And, not to be mentioned here, the practice of total unconsented circumcision of every male infant in the USA for decades, still in birth clinics - does it resemble Gulag or Auschwitz in some aspects to one, no?

But, as in every other place, there are idiots and there are saints - and a big heap of people between, so everything is perfecly normal. At least someone didn't get yet a grant from the US government to develop a system of potential terrorist detection, preferably with chip grafting under skin. Or from our crazy Russian government

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Are we living in a totalitalian state?
    Not quite yet, but stay tuned...they're right on schedule.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eumenius
    ...Just take something like old Metz 60 with lead-acid power pack
    I think a Metz 60, fired into the lens from a distance of no more than 10cm (4 inches) could fry any digital sensor chip
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are we living in a totalitalian state? It's another military tool that's being introduced to us and that does perhaps more harm than good. Now whoever owns a piece of digital recording device is undoublty subject to this claim.
    That's a big NMP*

[size=1]*Not My Problem[/size]

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just hope that nothing like this would have any effect on any of my film cameras that use batteries/have electronically controlled shutters (Mamiya 645 Super/Pro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow. neat.

I switched over to non-electronic photography just in time. I just sold the last of my Canon EF gear and nearly have the first phase of my FD kit buit up. Sure, I could put a battery in my Canon F1, but I use my spot meter, so what'd be the point?

I can see one very interesting twist. If such technology becomes widespread, then maybe Paparazzi will be driven back to using film in cameras with spring driven shutters.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey eumenius, my process lenses and sock shutters sneer at your EMP device!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    Hey eumenius, my process lenses and sock shutters sneer at your EMP device!
    He-he, my own cameras do exactly the same

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fantastic!
    I would love to buy one of these!
    Then I would just walk in the local photo club meeting and watch with a grin
    while they digitoys blow up in the hands while I am taking photos of them with
    my Hasselblad.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin