Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,972   Online: 904

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

anti-photography tools

www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anti-digital-photography tools...

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by from the article
    Meanwhile, Hewlett Packard is busy working on another way to remotely scramble digital camera images.
    Ha! They can split infinitives, but let them try to scramble my albumen technology!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Ha! Let them try to scramble my albumen technology!
    Would that be scrambled eggs?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More like meringue - and that's no yolk!
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There was an article or post about this about a year ago. Someone was making a device that could be carried on a person and would interfere with the electronics on a camera up to 30ft away. They talked about it being away for celebrities to foil in your face paparazzi or at least the ones using dgital or film cameras heavily reliant on electronics.

What if you could carry a device that did emit an EMP signal that could fry the insides or at least disable a digital camera. Would you be liable for damage to the phtographers gear or could you argue your were defending your privacy?
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    What if you could carry a device that did emit an EMP signal that could fry the insides or at least disable a digital camera. Would you be liable for damage to the phtographers gear or could you argue your were defending your privacy?
    Don't know, but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of the lawsuit when it got used in the vicinity of someone fitted with a Pacemaker...

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey I got an idea on how to get around this! Ya start with a light sensitive emulsion, maybe one with silver, ya spread it on a ........
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I suggested once to my electronics friend a portable destroyer of electronics, made that way: a small, GN 28 or more if possible flash with bad lamp has the lamp replaced with a coil - a pair or two of turns of thick copper wire, maybe with a ferrite rod inside. When the "test" button is pressed, the unit emits a strong directed electromagnetic instant impulse, enough to blow any input circuit of induction-based sensors or similar things. What's interesting, my idea worked - it was tested, as I was told, on a subway tourniquet. Well, I am not guilty that such ideas come to my mind... but maybe my scheme would work with digicams, too? Just take something like old Metz 60 with lead-acid power pack
    Last edited by eumenius; 10-15-2005 at 04:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Are we living in a totalitalian state? It's another military tool that's being introduced to us and that does perhaps more harm than good. Now whoever owns a piece of digital recording device is undoublty subject to this claim.

There are perverts and others who have no morals whatsoever with or without cameras, but that's a whole different issue as we know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin