Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,881   Online: 1170

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually gave up on Agfa when they took away APX 100 in 120. At that point I had no more use. I wonder about Freestyle and the huge investment they have made recently in Agfa products. Seems like they keep getting nailed with their house brands.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As far as I am informed, Foma is delivering to Freestyle under OEM.

Further Agfa Photo is in production to make the last money of their stock supplies and will be terminated as company at 31.12.2005
    Maybe some divisions will be sold seperately.

APX is available under Rollei brand (Retro100/400), also in 120 rolfilm. Much more expensive than the "dump" prices that Agfa put their products on the USA market last years.
    There are also some new film emulsions: Rollei PAN25 and Infra Red-400. For those who wants a cheaper replacement for APX100: Try the Fomapan 100 film. You will be not disappointed in this classical B&W film from the Czech Republic!

Best regards,

Robert

(Foma distributor in the Netherlands)

Images
    You can't pin this one on me.
    I haven't recently started using Agfa film or paper.
    Usually, when I start using a photographic product and like it and get used to it, that is the signal for a company to immediately discontinue it.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It looks like things are working out as predicted. That is, a niche market that is supplied by a few small manufacturers. There's not enough money involved to keep the big companies like Agfa (or Kodak, for that matter) interested for the long run. I hope Ilford manages to stay healthy.

I'll miss Rodinal but I have 5 big bottles on hand right now that will last for some time. As others mentioned, it's available under different labels by other manufacturers.

(More proof for me that digital is evil.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul,

So far as I know, J&C Expo is made by Emaks.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I too will miss rodinal but will get it in the form of another name. I never really used the papers so that is not a big deal.

But this has to be good news for Ilford. Especially as far as the paper market is concerned. Those who have used Kodak and Agfa in the past will most likely migrate to Ilford now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is another article--notice that they comment on Kodak's big losses this last quarter. ($1.03 Billion--with a "B"--in one quarter!)

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...019&ID=5204767

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I still have one (1) un-opened 10 roll brick of APX 100 120. I used APX almost exclusively for 15 years when shooting actor's headshots in Hollywood. APX was not only better but always less expensive than the competition films- purchased at Calumet. APX 25 120 (and 35mm) developed in HC-110 produced absolutely incredible prints! APX in Rodinal is good but the creamy, dreamy, luminosity of prints made from APX processed in HC-110 is/was second to none. I doubt if the newcomers to the film manufacturing business will be able to match Agfapan's quality and charactaristics. This is (another) sad day in the history of analog photography.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    J&C Exposition graded is Emaks. So were Cachet Expo RF and Maco Expo RF. Excellent paper, responds well to amidol and toning.

----------------

Man, I need to get out more. This is my 5000th post on APUG.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    When I click on this it say:"error no such file.
    I tried the letter l instead of $ thinking it must be html instead of htm$ but this didn't work either.

It may be my browser as no-one else on this thread has mentioned a problem Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Pentaxuser

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin