Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 951

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just returned from Freestyle with all the Rodinal they had in the store. I feel a little bit better. I'm picking up a small freezer tonight for a "microwave stand" that will also hold tons of film.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Their foibles in B&W had little to do with their demise.

AgfaPhoto's shining star was it's C-41 processing machine and lab work. A few years back they had an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart (they account for about 1 out of every 12 rolls of print film processed in the USA) and several other major retail chains.

Sorry to say they lost almost all those deals to Noritsu, Kodak, and Fuji. I don't know the reasons why.

Agfa E-6 and C-41 films have been losing market share for the past decade in just about every market. It's been a while since I've come across anybody in the USA using Agfa paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    Watch for the other shoe to drop at Kodak between now and the end of the next quarter with regards to either discontinuing film or selling off the remaining business.
    They lost $1.03 billion predominantly due to ever-increasing declines in film sales and $900 million in accounting charges.

Who is going to buy the film business or provide them with exit financing for it?

Kodak now has very little alternative but to keep doing what they're doing because their debt rating is so awful it's doubtful they can drum up the finances to do much of anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo

Sorry to say they lost almost all those deals to Noritsu, Kodak, and Fuji. I don't know the reasons why.

The reason why, is because they lied about the capibilities of their machines and the machines were junk, the last store I worked in with an agfa machine, the darn thing broke down about every 6-7 days, then we had to wait at least a weeks to even get a tech on site to see what was going on...

they should have stuck to film and paper, they may have been alot better off a this point in history.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anybody knows how long i can store unopened bottle of Rodinal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gasha
    Anybody knows how long i can store unopened bottle of Rodinal?
    "Forever" seems to be the common wisdom. I've used Rodinal from bottles that were opened for years with no precautions taken to remove the air from the bottles, and the developer worked like new.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    I just started using APX100 and 400 this year and love the results. I think I may buy up a few bulk rolls of APX100. How long do you think bulk rolls of APX would last in a refrigerator?
    If you freeze it (rather than just refrigerate it), ISO 100 film should last quite a few years -- probably over a decade -- with little loss of quality. ISO 400 film wouldn't fare quite as well, since the big problem with long-term cold storage of film is cosmic rays, which tend to fog the film, and ISO 400 film is more sensitive than ISO 100 film. Even so, freezing ISO 400 film is worthwhile if you intend to keep it for long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Rodinal?

Has anybody checked on Morten DamkjŠr (modafoto)? Is he all right? How are his spirits holding up?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rduraoc
    And I was really starting to like Agfa papers.
    And using a lot of APX100...
    Fuji is interested. Besides, Agfa holds the patents for
    the new technology high speed film emulsions. Perhaps
    we will see something come of it. Agfa has just been
    sitting on it. Dan

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz
    Here's another link to Forbes magazine.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...285533.html%3E

Sad day for MCC Classic lovers unless someone else buys that piece of the action.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin