Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,651   Online: 1286

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the welcome to APUG, I have visited many times and APUG is well known by all at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited. If I can help be clarifying information I will certainly do so, yes I want to know what monochrome customers want, what issues are out there, I am here to learn.

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    If I can help be clarifying information I will certainly do so, yes I want to know what monochrome customers want, what issues are out there, I am here to learn.
    That's great news. I just looked at your profile and see that you ARE one of the "powers that be" at Ilford/Harman! Let me just say that I'm sure that everyone here at APUG is just as desperate for Ilford to succeed as you are and that we all wish you well after some very difficult times. I feel that this website is increasingly becoming the most important place on the web for all of us traditional workers, so stay around!

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the welcome to APUG, I have visited many times and APUG is well known by all at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited. If I can help be clarifying information I will certainly do so, yes I want to know what monochrome customers want, what issues are out there, I am here to learn.

Simon.
    I am sure it will not have escaped Ilford's attention that the U.S. market is crucial for its future and if APUG members represents B&W photography's needs in the U.S. then from a revenue aspect then there is "gold in them thar hills"

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format

Simon.
    I will proudly say that I am tommorow going to order about hundred of films, few hundreds sheets of paper and chemistry. This is difficult with monthly income of about 500 EUROS, but that is my way to say thank you Ilford for continuing supporting us b/w analoug photographers. And of course to continue to do what I love ...

What I as monochrome customer want from Ilford is that I can continue to buy material (film, paper, chemistry, etc...) without difficulty to buy from my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina), and if possibile with prices simillar to current prices (of course cheaper is better ). Nothing more, but nothing less.

For now I don't have problems with buying Ilford products (I am buying from seller recommended by Ilford), and I am happy with prices. My only wish is continuing of conditions by which I am getting Ilford material. That is all I want...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Mike,

Thanks for your welcome to APUG : Perhaps if I use your initial questions and broaden it out a bit that may help. From the date of the MBO ( 19th February 05 ) and the establishment of ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited we have been concentrating on putting the business on a firm foundation, I am very pleased to report that it has gone very well to date and we are trading ahead of plan. As we have had gradually more time to get into the market and speak with our distributors, dealers and end users we have been listening to what they want us to do, especially from a product point of view.

Since february our key product focus has been re-introducing our chemical products which were an immediate victim of the receivership of the old company. This work is now mostly complete, all the important liquids are back and more recently the powders ID11 PERCEPTOL and MICROPHEN all of these products are now shipping to distributors ( including the US ) and should be back on the shelves now or very soon. I am pleased to tell you that ID11 2.5 ltr Replenisher and BROMOPHEN 5 ltr will return in late January 2006.

Our two new 1lt paper developers ILFORD HARMAN WARMTONE and ILFORD HARMAN COOLTONE will appear on the shelves at the same time, January 2006, as will an improved ILFORD WASHAID. So thats stage one, we also had to re-introduce our single use HP5+ camera, our processors and dryers and get all the spares sorted.

Stage 2 is all the things our customers have talked to us about ( so far ) we want to do lots of things, they must be commercially viable, and we must have the resources available to deliver quality products on time, so they will have to be prioritised. DELTA 25 is one of these products, it is clear a demand does exist for a slow film, but the R&D resource for a new film product, as I am sure you appreciate is significant, so its in the process and being talked about but too early to say its a project, or what priority it will have. I notice you mention toners, they are also being discussed and a feasability project has been started, but no priority or launch date has been set as yet.

Postcards : I have seen lots of mails about products, but not many about postcards ( PORTFOLIO ) I will talk to our distributors and look at the previous sales levels and review the product, definately no promises on this one.

220 :We have certainly had mails about 220, I also saw ( on APUG ) that our
    220 finishing machine was obsolete, its true, but only half the story, sales by volume compared to 120 are very low, but they are to a key and vocal user group, we have looked at the options around re-introduction, but it would not be viable to buy a new converting machine, we have looked at finishing it elsewhere, and we have not given up that as a possibility, but a big issue for us is quality control, so I will keep you informed of any progress.

We want to offer choice, we have seen many much loved products from other manufacturers go, we think thats sad for our industry and the monochrome fraternity, we think especially of our friends in AGFA Photo at this time, whose mono products are admired by end users ( and ILFORD Photo ) our passion is monochrome and where we can, you will see new products to continue to offer choice to the creative photographer and printer : Hope I did not go on too long :

Kind Regards Simon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Simon, it is really terrific that you can come to APUG and tell us what is going on. This is just another reason to support Ilford, it's products and people.

Welcome to the clan!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Simon. Glad to see someone representing Ilford on the Forum. David Carper was always very active and helpful on the online forums when he was the US Ilford representative, and it's good to see that that practice is continuing.

I've retitled this thread, so that others know that we're talking about more than Perceptol here.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the welcome to APUG, I have visited many times and APUG is well known by all at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology
    Very, very cool! Welcome Simon.
    Delta400 fan
    Multigrade paper fan
    fp4 fan
    postcard fan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    P.S.--I'd be really interested in Delta 400 in sheet sizes (shooting 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, and 11x14").
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Mr Galley,
    It is wonderful to see you joining and I look forward to your posts.

By the by, I'd be interested in Postcard stock and SFX, but most of all I would just like Illford to stay and grow.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin