Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,161   Online: 763

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2327282930313233
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thankyou Simon. I see no expiry date on the can's labels, the only other number is 'L81' off to one side on the front label. That could be the year of manufacture I suppose.
    I'll have to test some. I don't know how well it was stored over the years, I do know for the last couple of years at least it was in a box inside a case in an attic. So it may give something or it may be useless. Only shooting it will tell!

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Will Ilford be at PMA?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just wanted to say that I have been using Perceptol 1+3 lately as per Barry Thorntons suggestions, with FP4+ (EI 50) and Tri-x (EI 200) and standard intermittent agitation. Got some really nice negs to print. Lovely. Long live Perceptol!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    Just wanted to say that I have been using Perceptol 1+3 lately as per Barry Thorntons suggestions, with FP4+ (EI 50) and Tri-x (EI 200) and standard intermittent agitation. Got some really nice negs to print. Lovely. Long live Perceptol!
    I'd be curious to know what times you use for that dilution and at what temperature. I wish I had bought that Thornton book.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Chazzy,

For EI 200 I have used the Kodak time of 15 mins at 20ºC, and the massive dev chart time of 16 mins at 20ºC.

Barry recommended 20% less development than normal for EI 200 in his book but did not say what normal was. I cant find any data for Perceptol 1+3 and Tri-X at 400, so I use the Kodak and massive dev times for Tri-X at 200 which I what I presume you would get at anyway by taking EI 400 times and reducing by 20% as this is what most recommended times seem to do.

The basic point that Barry was making was that when diluted Perceptol at 1+3 reduced the sulphite content to below 100 mg/L thereby negating its fine grain effects, leaving just the metol to produce edge effects, etc. It looks good from my exerience.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin