Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,276   Posts: 1,660,904   Online: 842

Page 1 of 33 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Perceptol lives! [And more news from Ilford representative!]

Just a word to all UK-based APUGgers...

Ilford Perceptol is back in stock... I just got 5 boxes from Silverprint.

Just passing the word around.

Jin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wonder if it will make back to the left side of the Atlantic...my queries to the Ilford folks here have gone unanswered and I'm down to my last box.

Dave
    (not really wanting to try something else; just yet)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good i always wanted to try it. Barry Thornton speaks highly of it in "The edge of darkness". But ever since I read about it I never got a chance to get some because its not easily found here in Cyprus.Anybody got any prefered developing times and dilutions to share?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess this means I can finally mix up my last box! I'm sure Perceptol will make it to the US...the Ilford powdered chemicals have been making it over here pretty quickly after their UK re-release. Keep an eye on the B&H web site. They seem to list the chemicals first, even though they'll list them before they're actually in stock. I'd guess about a month at the most until we see Perceptol listed on B&H.

I started using Perceptol after reading "Edge of Darkness", and still love the look it gives for certain situations. I've found it especially wonderful for anything architectural.

Happy news indeed. Thanks for sharing it.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have been shooting HP5+ at 250 and wonder how it would do in perceptol. any comments?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard
    Wonder if it will make back to the left side of the Atlantic...my queries to the Ilford folks here have gone unanswered and I'm down to my last box.

Dave
    (not really wanting to try something else; just yet)
    I live in country in which there is no dealers of film, paper and chemistry companies. Only exeption is EFKE. I am using mainly Ilford. So I allways buyed material from abroad. That is reason why I can not understand how problem can be if there is no particular product in one country. If there where are you David, if there are no Perceptol, simply order it directly from UK or somewhere where it is on sale. I am doing that for years, and if I can, everyone else can.

Regards

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I accidentally shot a roll of HP5 at about 160-200ish in my unmetered Retina IIa. I dev'ed in Perceptol for 9 minutes. Examples are at:

http://www.kaiyen.com/photos/gallery...up&cat=0&pos=0
    http://www.kaiyen.com/photos/gallery...up&cat=0&pos=1

The first one looks pretty normal to me (perhaps this was closer to 200), but the second one has some weird tones going on. I am betting that is one I overexposed by a bit.

allan

Shooter
    Medium Format

Perceptol

I can confirm PERCEPTOL is back in stock at ILFORD and has been shipped to our distributors Worldwide

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey
    i do it always and devellop in perceptol 1+3 at 24 ° C ,minimum use 200 ml in a tank, agitation :after the first 30' 15 secs and then each 2min 3x ,gaves marvelous neg whith a real large grayscale and easy printing on grade 2-2.5 without grain from 35mm film till 40x50 FB print
    just try it

jm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Perceptol

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    I can confirm PERCEPTOL is back in stock at ILFORD and has been shipped to our distributors Worldwide
    That's great news Simon. Perceptol is my favorite developer.

BTW Welcome to APUG, a great many of your customers visit here. I hope you don't get too overwelmed with their wish list!

Barry

Page 1 of 33 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin