Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,638   Online: 721

Thread: AGFA Developers

Shooter
    Multi Format

AGFA Developers

Is AGFA still making developers? I've not been able to find Neutol or Rodinal anywhere; everybody's out of stock ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We are sinking in the Agfa (Photo) Rodinal. We bought two weeks ago a major stock in Germany.
    I think we will have enough time to organize something else compatible e.g. at our Czech supplier: Foma (http://www.foma.cz). They are making Fomadon R09, also a film developer on para-aminophenol base.

Best regards,

Robert

http://www.FotohuisRoVo.nl

see *NIEUWS* on our NL-website!
    10% discount on the 2nd Rodinal bottle.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Take a look at the recent posts about Rodinal for the details, but for now, AGFA is currently not producing any new products.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wanted to know the MSDS of their REFINAL developer, I don`t suppose I will ever know now.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Refinal is similar to Microphen. Different, but similar. Acufine, too, I suppose.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have no experience with Microphen but have used refinal [may it rest in peace] and Acufine extesively over many years and they are nothing alike. Both great developers.

All I can say about refinal is diluted 1:3 it is the most beautiful tone range imaginable with APX100.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller
    Have no experience with Microphen but have used refinal [may it rest in peace] and Acufine extesively over many years and they are nothing alike. Both great developers.

All I can say about refinal is diluted 1:3 it is the most beautiful tone range imaginable with APX100.
    Fair enough.

Refinal is Phenidone, HQ, Borax, Sulfite and some other stuff.

Microphen is Phenidone, HQ, Borax, Sulfite and some other stuff.

Acufine is Phenidone, HQ, Sod. Carb. and some other stuff.

Refinal and Microphen are really, really, really similar.

Acufine is ( depending on how slatternly your standards are ) similar. By the time I dilute them both to be able to use them at 15 -16 minutes, I'd guess I mean they are more alike than D-76 or Rodinal, HC-110, or Xtol.

I'm down to my last 12 packs of Refinal. It seems to mix up easier than Microphen. Due in part, I guess, to having different ' other stuff ' than Ilford's. But if you can use Refinal, and like it, you'll get along fine with Microphen.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link Nick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin