Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,706   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodaks practices are a joke. Inagine a car maker saying that they will cease prodcution of engines in two months and the tires next year and the body in a year or two?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I am with the others. As far as I am concerned Kodak is dead and I buy (LF) Ilford, Efke, and starting JandC and for MF Fuji ACROS.

For paper Oriental and Ilford and if I can get it Forte. I am going to also try Kentmere.

Donít support Kodak as they donít support us.

Shooter
    Medium Format

PAPER : Choice In The Future

Dear All,

I read this thread with interest, my name is Simon and I work at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited :

Everywhere on APUG forums I read about choice, choice for the creative photographer and printer, I am really confident that choice will remain. Yes mono is a niche but many new people join the band every year, and discover the true value of monochrome.

You mentioned many companies, companies that we at ILFORD have long
    competed with ( and admired and valued ) some will remain, although not many coaters I am afraid, although we hope to see something positive from the current situation at AGFA, if not, I believe we will be last combined film, chemistry and paper manufacturer, but I am sure others will continue, again niches can be profitable.

I can promise that we will try to continue to give choice, please see my contributions to the Product Availability ( perceptol lives ) thread. We really do want to understand what APUG members want, and what they feel they have lost from KODAK and others. Also mentioned were raw material issues, this is very true, the choice is smaller, but we do have great suppliers who do see a niche photo future remaining, we will continue to make RC included graded, and FB, including graded.

Finally I can contribute some information, I am afraid that no mono coating is currently taking place in India

Regards

Simon

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

I read this thread with interest, my name is Simon and I work at ILFORD Photo, HARMAN technology Limited :

Everywhere on APUG forums I read about choice, choice for the creative photographer and printer, I am really confident that choice will remain. Yes mono is a niche but many new people join the band every year, and discover the true value of monochrome.

You mentioned many companies, companies that we at ILFORD have long
    competed with ( and admired and valued ) some will remain, although not many coaters I am afraid, although we hope to see something positive from the current situation at AGFA, if not, I believe we will be last combined film, chemistry and paper manufacturer, but I am sure others will continue, again niches can be profitable.

I can promise that we will try to continue to give choice, please see my contributions to the Product Availability ( perceptol lives ) thread. We really do want to understand what APUG members want, and what they feel they have lost from KODAK and others. Also mentioned were raw material issues, this is very true, the choice is smaller, but we do have great suppliers who do see a niche photo future remaining, we will continue to make RC included graded, and FB, including graded.

Finally I can contribute some information, I am afraid that no mono coating is currently taking place in India

Regards

Simon
    It is interesting to see that 7 dayshop in Guernsey now only stocks Ilford, albeit only the high volume line of Multigrade IV RC, whereas there used to be Tura and Kodak including colour. This isn't a source that is dedicated to analogue. far from it, but it is these kinds of traders that have an eye for what will sell and from whom to buy.

Well done Ilford. If these kind of places stock your product you must have a future.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If these catch on Kodak may reverse there decision.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    Kodaks practices are a joke. Inagine a car maker saying that they will cease prodcution of engines in two months and the tires next year and the body in a year or two?
    This is not nearly a close approximation of what is really happening.

And, with this attitude, you hurt things more than help.

Imagine this. Chevrolet stopped making the Vega in the 80s. Everyone says they will stop buying Chevy cars as the company is unreliable and probably going to go out of business. That is a more reasonable comparison to yours.

Kodak stopped production of some product lines. Not the engine, not the tires. BTW, ever buy chevy tires? Hmmm? Neither did I? Never heard of them.

I am a retired EK researcher. I still buy what I like. I use Ilford films and Ilford paper for B&W, but I use Kodak for color. Go buy some Ilford color negative film. And perhaps in a few years, you won't be able to buy Ilfochrome material either. Are you going to reject Ilford then if they stop making Ilfochrome?

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope Ilford doesn't stop making it. I told myself that I'll have to give the Ilfochrome process a try before the end of the decade! Right now its a little beyond my capabilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin