Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,463   Online: 931

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    About the only thing I'd buy an extra freezer for is Tri-X (the older stuff), and I guess the newer stuff too, since the old stuff is already gone.

Still haven't found a paper I'm in love with -- just a few I hate. Agfa RC 310 came close, but I don't really like RC for my high-end work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Illustrators Special ( gone )
    Portriga (changed, then gone)
    Elite ( gone )
    Original Galerie (gone, gone, gone)

APX 100 is unique because of it's color rendition. Try it and weep. Shoot a red haired girl with freckles.

Taste Agfa MCC while you can.

Kentmere is a trove of fine stuff.

"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am generally a "be here now" type, but wish I had grabbed a few boxes of Kodak's PPF 120. Hmmmmm, that was a beautiful film. Gotten used to adapting, though, there's been so many color neg types discontinued, I stopped worrying.

Imke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I had the money & space (which I don't) I'd buy a lifetime supply of 8x10 TMY and Azo right now.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I got to print on Portriga Rapid one time, and toned...it was very beautiful paper.

I would like to get some EFKE film also, but its been out for a VERY long time.

Also, AZO paper...now that its all gone I am nearly out, and cannot get anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    I got to print on Portriga Rapid one time, and toned...it was very beautiful paper.

I would like to get some EFKE film also, but its been out for a VERY long time.

Also, AZO paper...now that its all gone I am nearly out, and cannot get anymore.
    Just in keeping with my other post, I can also make Portriga and Brovira.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well so far, I have hoards of Technical Pan, Panalure, Velvia 50, Impressa 50 and 220 Tri-X.

David.

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Just in keeping with my other post, I can also make Portriga and Brovira.

PE
    Please excuse me for not knowing how to interpret your statement. Are you professing your l33t photo-chemical skills, or advertising some service. And if so, how much would you change for a box of 100 8x10 of the above, approximately. I have a friend who might be interested.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also am content to go with what's available, and what I can make myself.

The old Portriga was a great paper. I've seen prints on Velour Black and lament never having tried it myself. I've got some Haloid Industro, but it's gotten a bit foggy--still useful for some things though.

If you're looking for the classics currently available, try Azo, J&C Exposition graded, Efke PL100, FP4+, TXP, J&C Classic 400. There's some really nice stuff out there.

Get some amidol. Azo and J&C Exposition (Efke Emaks) look great in amidol.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I would go for whatever will be sold cheaper so I can stock up perhaps enough in quantity. It's funny the "free" market seems to work in both ways when you look at the prices on Ilford and Agfa products.

To chase the outgoing products/goods of which prices are sky-rocketting is not practical.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin