Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,651   Online: 785

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jvarsoke
    Please excuse me for not knowing how to interpret your statement. Are you professing your l33t photo-chemical skills, or advertising some service. And if so, how much would you change for a box of 100 8x10 of the above, approximately. I have a friend who might be interested.
    I would have to say that the other posts explain that I don't want to sell the stuff and I don't want to go into business. I would be happy to teach you how to do it yourself.

It isn't that much harder than making Azo paper, just use bromide instead of chloride for starters.

And, I am not l33t by any means, just trained in that area of expertise.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dera Sir,

If you mean ILFORD Galerie graded FB its not gone, smaller range but its still coated

Simon@ILFORD Photo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would horde AgfaColor film .. 100 and 400 ISO both. I understand the "stuff" and it will be sorely missed when my meager supply runs out. I suppose I'll have to go to Fuji ... might not be all that bad, but there will be a learning curve.

For Color Paper ... I would take some of my millions and pressure/ draw/ bribe/ beat mercilessly Ilford into producing IlfoColor paper again. The most promising substitute seems to be Fuji Crystal Archive .. certainly NOT THE SAME ... but after four days of struggling like crazy with Kodak, with *no* sign of ever achieving an acceptable (to me) color balance, results with Fuji seem to be in sight.

Of course APX100, and a much undervalued film - AgfaPan 400 - and I'm sure that eventually Rodinal will survive ... whatever its final brand label will be.

*WE* will not let it die!!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Horde-ing more because of price and availablility than usniqueness but I have my lifetime supply of EFKE 100 film for the 8X10. About 1300++ chances to get a half dozen right. I also stocked up on Kodak Aerial Recon Panatomic X and Plus X in 5" wide long rolls. The pan-X is THE ideal film for pt / pd printing on 5X7's and even a 5X12 if I ever get lucky and find one. Or 5X14 if Jim Chinn would build me one. I'd recommend treating yourself to J&C Classic museum weight paper while it's available. Develop it in my ANSCO 135 formula for some of the prettiest warm blacks you'll ever see. It wants a L-O-N-G scale neg. If I have a neg that falls right on that paper perfectly, I know it will also print very well as a platinum.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    Illustrators Special ( gone )
    Portriga (changed, then gone)
    Elite ( gone )
    Original Galerie (gone, gone, gone)

APX 100 is unique because of it's color rendition. Try it and weep. Shoot a red haired girl with freckles.

Taste Agfa MCC while you can.

Kentmere is a trove of fine stuff.

df
    Could you elaborate on the color rendition of APX 100?

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX

I would like to get some EFKE film also, but its been out for a VERY long time.
    Efke is very much alive and kicking though it seems to be changing over to being branded Adox. Available mail order in US from J & C and in UK from Retro Photograpghy and no doubt elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with most people on the fact that I most likely wouldn't horde anything. However, if I were to do so, it would be Kodak HIE and Efke KB25 as it is the last good ISO 25 out there that I've found. I might horde Kodachome, though, chances are, if the film dissappears, so will the processing labs & chemicals.

The other thing would be D-76, as it is my main developer. I don't know of another supplier that makes good stuff,so without D-76 I'd have to really adjust alot of my processing.

And hmmm ... that's interesting anout hte color rendition of APX 100, I've never seen colors on a B&W film! I agree with Mark, please elaborate

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242
    The other thing would be D-76, as it is my main developer. I don't know of another supplier that makes good stuff,so without D-76 I'd have to really adjust alot of my processing.
    Ummm... you are aware that there are lots of companies that make D-76, usually under another name. Ilford's ID-11, for instance. I believe Freestyle sells a D-76 clone under their house brand. The D-76 formula is also well known, so mixing it yourself isn't a problem. Of course, there are some small differences between these products because of proprietary additions, but they should all work about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242
    And hmmm ... that's interesting anout hte color rendition of APX 100, I've never seen colors on a B&W film! I agree with Mark, please elaborate
    I didn't make the original comment, but I took it to mean the spectral sensitivity of the film -- as in, how dark or light will a patch of a given color and brightness be in APX100 vs. some other film.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694
    Ummm... I didn't make the original comment, but I took it to mean the spectral sensitivity of the film -- as in, how dark or light will a patch of a given color and brightness be in APX100 vs. some other film.
    As did I. For instance Efke 25 doesn't see nearly any red at all. So a red head with freckles would end up having very dark hair and nasty dark freckles. Probably not what she would be after. While Kodak Aerial Recon Panatomic X with the extra red sensitivity and perhaps an orange filter would make her look like a blonde and make her freckles nearly go away. She'd love you.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is why it is so popular for portraits, people lips are darker and appear more realistic with this film. A nice feature except for the occasional redhead.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    As did I. For instance Efke 25 doesn't see nearly any red at all. So a red head with freckles would end up having very dark hair and nasty dark freckles. Probably not what she would be after. While Kodak Aerial Recon Panatomic X with the extra red sensitivity and perhaps an orange filter would make her look like a blonde and make her freckles nearly go away. She'd love you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin