Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,624   Online: 1161

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought a roll of Kodak RC paper, 500ft. of 5" wide Polymax or Polycontrast, I forget.
    It is/was awesome stuff for a quick print. It was as if my negatives would just print with an absolute minimum of fussing on this stuff. I made many, many 5x7's on this paper that I love. I would have horded several more rolls of this paper in a heartbeat.

Would/will horde tri-x.. Actually, will horde whatever I can get for cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I hit the jackpot here at our local "racino" in upstate ny, I'd horde hasselblads, tri-x, velvia, and polaroid type 55, and a few boxes of ilford multigrade fb for good measure.

I did hoard a load of APX 100-120, enough to last me for a few years at my current rate of consumption. The only reason I did it was that I'd tried it and got results I loved only months before rumors of Agfa's demise. Considering the previous Ilford scare, I figured it was grab it while it was available. It's snoozing happily in my freezer. I sure hope someone brings Rodinal back.

I think that a better accumulation strategy is a "dollar-cost-averaging" strategy. When Ilford was looking shakey, I developed a habit of buying a 10-pack or two of my favorite Delta 100 every time I went into the photo store, whether I needed it or not. Sometimes it was Delta and Pan F Plus.

That way, I had a stock of film on hand, and if it looked as though the manufacturer was going to tank, I could put in a quick order for a bigger supply. I pretty quickly built up a stock of film without having to lay out a huge wad of cash all at once.

What would I hoard now? Well, Tri-X being fast might not keep as well as slower films, so I wouldn't hoard much. I seem to have developed a fetish for MF cameras, though, and I might not be through experimenting with exotic specimens. Seems to be no shortage of Holgas . . . Diana???

Peter Gomena
    Last edited by pgomena; 12-02-2005 at 01:01 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: left out a word, can't spell "hoard"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I thought I could find another, but now I know I should have bought more sheets of New Seagull G.
    I don't worry about films. Even If all films disappered, I can live with my negatives printing them again and again. It won't happen, though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin