Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,417   Online: 959

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura
    Simon, is the Warmtone chemically similar to Neutol WA? Those of us who use(d) that developer for Azo would be pleased with such news. Can't seem to find any product info yet on the Ilford Web site.
    You want Neutol WA?
    Pretty simple to make.. Really just a simple PQ developer.. the only thing Agfaish is that they used Potassium instead of Sodium (like many of Agfa's brews due to their availability from Bayer) salts. And the results are not really special enough to be special...
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Even if they want to mix their own developers, not everyone around the world has access to the necessary raw chemicals. Even in the UK, some of the more obscure chemicals can be a problem to source (though to be fair, the usual suspects used in developers are easy). Given the likely demise of Neutol WA, this could be a very timely introduction.

It's going to need good working life in my Nova for me to use it so I will be looking on with interest at first user's reports...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    As to availability the answer is simple, USA was first launch, everywhere else should be late January early February 06 in the retailers
    Simon,

Is Canada lumped in with the US for the first launch, or do we have to wait until the new year?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking forward to a nice bottle of Warmtone for those cold Janury nights.

Do Ilford have any scans of prints developed in this new developer to post yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fintan, just don't mistake it for a bottle of Jameson's
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Canada should be very early new year

Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Simon,
    How about Asia ? Do you mean "all the distributors" including Chugai of Japan ?
    I'm happy to know that ILFORD has launched new products. I'm a big fun of ILFORD products. I've learned B&W through them.
    I would like to see ILFORD's new products in our local stores. I really want to. I would also like to buy and use which we don't have now, such as Microphen, DELTA3200 in 120, RC warm, DD-X, etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Kunihiko,

I will have a word with CHUGAI

Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I will check when the info goes on the website :

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my hands on a bottle of cooltone developer, and have been printing up a storm over the holidays. So far, I'm quite pleased with the new developer. I got a noticably cooler tone using this developer on Portfolio paper than I did using cooltone paper and regular Multigrade developer.

I've noticed that regular MG IV paper developed in MG developer leaves a green cast that I don't like, and the cooltone developer goes a long way to getting rid of that. Toning in selenium also helps. Unfortunately, I have a 2.5 litre bottle of MG concentrate on the shelf that I probably won't use now.

Thanks Simon, a great new product!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin