Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,517   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Patricia, there are limited emulsion choices of the commoner ULF formats on a more or less continuous basis -- for instance, Classic Pan 200/400 and Efke PL 25/50/100 are cut in a wide variety of sizes and stocks in small quantities by J&C Photo, Retro Photo, and Fotoimpex. It's only if you have to have Ilford or Kodak (instead of or in addition to the Continental offerings) that you might wind up waiting a few months to get the film you want.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To answer the first part of your question Patricia, yes, as far as I know all the normal stock sizes such as 8x10 will be available as usual - this is new scheme is in addition to the normal stock runs. Note for example that 11x14 HP5+ is already a stock item and so is not included in this special system but that 11x14 FP4+ is not a stock item and has been included. No doubt, Simon can confirm if this is correct, but it seems logical to me.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Note From ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Dear All,

Firstly, all the normal ( stock ) sheet sizes will remain :The ULF products are additional :

Really you have the US ILFORD distributor and marketing folks to thanks for this, they are the ones who pushed us, as well as all the good feedback from APUG members.

As to DELTA, I am sorry FP4+ and HP5+ only.

I will keep you up to date with shipping dates etc:

Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Fred,

Is there any pricing yet on the Illford offer?
    I still have not seen anything posted anywhere with prices.

George
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

Firstly, all the normal ( stock ) sheet sizes will remain :The ULF products are additional :

Really you have the US ILFORD distributor and marketing folks to thanks for this, they are the ones who pushed us, as well as all the good feedback from APUG members.

As to DELTA, I am sorry FP4+ and HP5+ only.

I will keep you up to date with shipping dates etc:

Regards

Simon.

Simon, why the reluctance to cutting Delta (400) film in ULF as well as 8x10?

Are there any technical difficulties or does Ilford just does not see a market for it? I am guessing but I think for Kodak Tmy 400 has been a great seller in 8x10. Just curious.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Donald, Bob and Simon -- problem solved.
    Patricia

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

4x10???

Fred / Simon,

Will some of the not so ULF sizes become available as well?

I am thinking of 4x10, Plate (6..5x8.5), 7x11 and 5x12?

I like to keep my old cameras making images etc...

Cheers!
    Steve

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fred, I'll take a bunch of FP4 in 14x17 format!

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nevermind...

My post was regarding a different thread, so I deleted it.

Sorry!
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No technical reason, why DELTA 400 could not be finished 10 x 8 : we have no plans to make it ( stock turns I would Imagine ) I will speak to marketing for a fuller explanantion, we would not make DELTA in the larger ULF sizes, getting two products made is difficult enough !

Simon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin