Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,463   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forte paper

Shooter
    Large Format
    Received my order from fotomatica.it last week
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I visited the Forte factory in Vac, Hungary today. There is still in production:
    Baryta:
    Bromofort
    Fortezo
    Fortezo Museumweight
    Polygrade-V.FB
    Polywarmtone Plus FB
    RC:
    Fortespeed
    Polygrade-V.RC
    Polywarmtone Plus RC

I've bought also Forte paper developers:
    CTD Fortespeed Cold tone
    WTD Fortespeed Warm tone

Shooter
    Large Format
    Good news good news!!! Will be glad to read how good their warmtone developer is (though, unfortunately, it's not imported here).
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great! Fortezo Museumweight is one of my favorite papers. Maybe it's the same emulsion as "regular" Fortezo, but it feels so much better
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Kapro,
    did you do a factory tour? I love to do that, my last was at Hasselblad in Göthenburg. I would like to visit Vac, was the tour interesting?
    Regards,
    Hal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ole: I have the same opinion. I’ve never tried Fortezo so I can't say if there is any difference in the tonality. Definitely Museumweight feels much better according to the samples I was given in the factory.

hal9000: I was a bit embarrassed during the visit. It looked like the time was stopped there. Factory outlet (very very small shop)- more less empty, just couple of Forte films, few small boxes of paper and stuff that has nothing to do with photography.
    Sales department - two older ladies speaking just Hungarian. They had just couple of boxes of Polywarmtone Plus Fb on stock (PW-14 and PW 15- bigger sizes/ 40x50cm, 50x60cm, 11"x14" and 18x24cm) which I intended to try since I had some experience only with Bromofort from the past. Bromofort B 10 was always my beloved paper!
    After a while a sales manager came, she was speaking fluent English. She informed me they produce to order and deliver to more than 50 countries all over the world. Since the importer in my country-Slovakia didn't work properly, she offered me an option to order directly from the factory provided I agree with couple of my friends and we make decent order.
    Old ladies spoke something about lack of raw materials, maybe something about emulsion. My friend, who was with me as interpreter didn’t understand the “special photographic” Hungarian expressions. But the sales manager reassured me that everything is fine with Forte and they should produce papers (production to order), films and chemicals in future. She just informed me that there might be “longer” delivery time for some grade 4 papers.
    As I wrote I have ordered their developers and Forte 400 films to make some tests.
    Sorry, I didn’t do any factory tour because I came quite late to the factory because of the snow storm in Slovakia and Hungary that day.

http://www.fortefoto.hu/

Take a look on the attached table of available Forte papers which I received in the factory. There is problem with delivery of the products that are marked with question mark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forte papers.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Bromofort

Never seen the Bromfort papers here in the USA. Has anyone else? Cetainly hope this company stays alive. Where were they hiding all the Bergger papers and films? (which we all know is made somewhere deep inside France-right?)
    Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kapro
    Since the importer in my country-Slovakia didn't work properly, she offered me an option to order directly from the factory provided I agree with couple of my friends and we make decent order.
    This would be a great opportunity. Too bad it would be nearly impossible to gather a bunch of italian photographers and place a decent order. And then the postage costs, in the end, would raise the price for the end-user to the stars. SIGH
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Is Forte Bromofort & J&Cs Bromoprint the same paper? I've used the Bromoprint paper, a non-supercoated paper, for bromoil & hand-coloring with some good results. J&C also recommends it for Lith developer.
    Last edited by doughowk; 02-10-2006 at 07:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin