Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,626   Online: 717

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forte paper

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Forte paper

I've searched but can't find any thing current on the availability of Forte paper. Are they still in business? Will they continue to make paper?
    Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a link on another discussion about forte http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=forte

I believe J&C sells it under a different name?

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an confirmed order fot PWT 14 so I see no problem here.
    We cannot change how the cards are dealt, just how to play the hand...
    Randy Pausch

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jack,

Have you checked with Camera Co/Op in Houston for Forte paper? Last time I was in there they had Forte. Might be worth a phone call or a trip since you are off work for a month.

lee\c

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    Jack,

Have you checked with Camera Co/Op in Houston for Forte paper? Last time I was in there they had Forte. Might be worth a phone call or a trip since you are off work for a month.

lee\c
    I'm on my way to the Co-op right now. This morning I made some really amazing prints with Forte warm tone then selenium then gold. Looks a lot like portriga rapid before they took out the casdium, the bastards!
    Jack

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    that is good to know I think Forte w/t split tones too

lee\c

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    that is good to know I think Forte w/t split tones too

lee\c
    It does. Leave it in the selenium long enough and you will see it happen.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle sells some of the Forte papers as one of their store brands. I think they identify it as "Made in Hungary". B&H also had some types of Forte the last time I looked.

I've been using Forte Polywarmtone for a good bit of my printing recently and I really like the stuff about as much as Ilford MG WT. I particularly like how it responds to a short bath in dilute selenium.

I do have one concern, however. On my last printing session, I found several sheets where the paper base had thin spots. Not thin enough to rip through but thin enough to show up when the print is held in front of a light source. The paper with the faults came about halfway through a box of 11x14 Polywarmtone. I'm hoping it's only a couple of sheets and not a problem with the rest of the box.

Has anyone else had any problems with Forte consistency?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never had any probs with consistency; hopefully just a one-off. I use it for most of my printing (pwt 17 current fav) and would be at a loss if/when it goes. Dilute selenium works very well to take the edge off the olive tones, but slight overprinting and a quick soak in very dilute ferri is wonderful. If you haven't yet tried it, it's well worth a go. Available in the UK at moment (Silverprint).

Geoff

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Calumet has Forte' placed an order with them last weak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin