Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,407   Online: 1033

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Fuji would seem like the most likely supplier of B&W 220. They offer a fairly wide selection of color films, neg and slide in 220. I didn't notice whether Acros or Neopan 400 is available in 220 at B&H, but do they make it for the Japanese market? If they do, it might just be a matter of finding a distributor willing to handle it in other parts of the world.
    Just on a point of information, Fuji did at one point make Neopan 400 in 220 as it was listed in their UK professional catalogue but hasn't been listed for several years. I've no idea if it's still available in Japan. Konica still do some colour neg professional films in 220 but they don't seem to be on the UK market but are listed on the English part of their main website.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    To some extent, 220 film IS a kind of chicken-egg problem. People cannot find 220 film in their suppliers' price lists, so they don't use it (even though they could or would.) This results in low demand, and discontinuation of the product...

I buy my Fuji 220 roll film from Robert White in the UK, and they gladly supply me with that because I buy it in entire cartons (100 rolls), but it is not even listed on their web page, I learned that they sell it because I asked about it.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy
    If Ilford are still making excuses about the legendary broken machine, I hope that you approach Foma and the other eastern european suppliers.
    Last I heard, Ilford are not making excuses about a broken 220 machine, instead they are saying that their machine to make 220 film is scrapped.

So we better not rely on Ilford. I would like to see some Fuji Acros in 220. Perhaps some Neopan 400 also for my Mamiya 7.

Besides, it is not only about the machine, you need the leader paper also which appears to be pretty hard to obtain for film manufacturers. Last I heard, it may even be problematic to make 120 film in the future, because of the paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks like about 85 have signed, and of those a little over sixty are stating interest in less than 100 rolls.

Leaves about 20- 25 interested in more than 100 rolls. Doesn't seem like to much interest, or much incentive.

Mike

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    So what. Some photographers don't want their names published. Many have not heard of this effort. Many are not even online.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    So what. Some photographers don't want their names published. Many have not heard of this effort. Many are not even online.

Well, if it is an online petition and they are not online???

then where do we go from there?

Still for the uproar that was surrounding this issue, 85 don't seem to be to many people...if they all committed to 10 rolls a year, that is only 850 rolls, and if they committed to 100 rolls, that is only 8500 rolls...

wish it could be, but probably won't.

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    All I wanted to say is that only a fraction of the people interested in this film will ever sign the petition and there are several reasons why they won't.

Shooter
    35mm
    Now that Konica-Minolta are moving out of the film manufacturing business perhaps there
    is an opportunity for Ilford to negotiate the acquisition of their 220 film making machine - judging by how rare Konica 220 film is, I doubt if it's had much use!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why would a film photographer not want his/her name associated with saving a film they are in desperate need of or enthusiastic about? If this was a petition to save Tri-X/ FP4 or MF film all together you'd probably have quite a few responses. I just think most film users realize the times we live in and don't expect manufacturers to make a large financial commitment to a potential flop when there exists an nearly identical alternative (120 film).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pinch me when its over...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin