Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,967   Online: 817

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Not really a product but ...

In another forum (not photo related) there was some discussion about developing disc film and I ventured the opinion that getting disc films done was getting to be a declining service. A respondent offered these two links :

http://www.dwaynesphoto.com/disc_and...processing.htm
    http://www.rapidphoto.net/c22.html

I'm sure there are others, but do we have a place on APUG for these sorts of references to go where folks can search for a place near to them?

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

C-22

My uncle showed me a nice Zeiss Ikon folder last night that looked like it was in excellent condition. He handed me a roll of C-22 120 and asked if I could develop it.

Here's what I found, for Canadians Film Rescue International and for our American friends Rocky Mountain Film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi John & Dave,

Thanks for posting the links! Now I can process those 126 cartridges. Sometime back I got a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex 126 but haven't ventured shooting anything with it because I couldn't find any place that would process the film.

I got the film from Central Camera Company (www.central-camera.com) if anybody is interested.

Regards,
    Sanjay

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Isn't 126 just 35mm? Or is it smaller?

Jobo used to make disc film reels. Some times they pop up on Ebay and of course nobody bids on them. If a person had an interest it's possible to do at home.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The film in a 126 cartridge is in fact 35mm and will fit in any 35 mm processing reel; any mini-lab can process it (to negatives) if they're willing to handle film that's not in a standard 35 mm or APS cassette. That requires they have the magazine setup which, in turn, would let them make negatives (even if not prints or scans) from *any* C-41 still film from Minox up to whatever will physically fit into the machine (which would likely include 122/124, or at the least 116/616, since the leader cards are something like 90 mm wide).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw in a photography magazine once where you can process the disc film jammed on the end of a pencil, dipped in cups of the solutions and twirled. Drying was best accomplished by chucking the pencil into a drill and spinning the water off. Beseler made carriers for disc film, sometimes you can still find one on Ebay. It has a round hole for the hub and a hole for the neg frame.
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin