Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,810   Online: 1042

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Good luck people

I am starting to not care anymore, I have wasted a lot of time and money only to be screwed by the very companies I have supported over the years.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't give up so easily Curt. My philosophy is enjoy it while it lasts. There are still plenty of resources currently available for us to pursue our craft. 10 years from now who knows, but I'll pursue it to the bitter end.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Holy Cow...what a gloomy bunch! (This and a couple other threads today).

Only the number of choices will dwindle, not film itself!!!!! We all know it's not the kind of film we use that determines how good our photographs are, but how well we know the nuances of whatever film - developer - paper - developer - toning - presentation combination we use...right?

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I fight back!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's all Laz's fault!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    I fight back!
    Me too! I simply chose last year to not purchase any more products from the Great Yellow Traitor after using Tri-X in HC-110 for over twenty years. You PE, are a tad more determined than I...doing your own emulsions has to be a tricky affair.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Me too! I simply chose last year to not purchase any more products from the Great Yellow Traitor after using Tri-X in HC-110 for over twenty years. You PE, are a tad more determined than I...doing your own emulsions has to be a tricky affair.

Murray
    Murray, would you buy Agfa products? Fuji Products? They have either discontinued or vanished a lot of things? Be fair now.....

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Murray, would you buy Agfa products? Fuji Products? They have either discontinued or vanished a lot of things? Be fair now.....
    Actually no, I never did. I was a Kodak film and Zone VI Brilliant, Oriental Seagull, and Ilford Galerie paper kind of guy

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At first when I heard Kodak was killing its paper production I felt determined to boycott Kodak and "teach" them a lesson for turning their back on me. I've since realized that I'm not going to teach Kodak anything and they will carry on with their plans regardless of what the now minority of the photographic community has to say. I use mainly Ilford stuff because I like it, and have become familiar with it but I still buy occasional products from a local shop who stocks mainly Kodak supplies. Despite not feeling great about Kodak's recent trends at least I can feel good supporting a local shop who still maintains a decent selection of film and darkroom products.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lawton
    Despite not feeling great about Kodak's recent trends at least I can feel good supporting a local shop who still maintains a decent selection of film and darkroom products.
    I would probably do the same, but there's no store in my area selling 4X5 film or darkroom supplies.

Murray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin