Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,448   Online: 922

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Viva GB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    Andy, nothing you have said has had anything to do with what I posted. You just started in with attacks. What's wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I agree with Mick. They were honest and upfront. No excuses, no lies. That has guaranteed they will get my business in future. I like dealing with honest companies.
    How is that trolling? How is that an attack?

Get over yourself and unbunch your panties Curt. Now that WAS an attack.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ps. If you want some Adox/Efke 25 go here. Now don't say I never do anything for you. Btw, JandC sell it too. It is a Dutch site but the seller speaks English and is trustworthy. He might even be able to understand you Curt.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    There seem to me to be three entities in this situation: Curt, J&C and Retro Photographic Ltd.

Curt was unable to do an unanticipated job do to not having a couple rolls of Efke 25. Curt is responsible for what results from not keeping a couple of extra rolls of Efke 25. If he uses this film with regularity then he has perhaps learned that there is some value in invenmtory control on his end.

J&C was unable to fill an order from Curt of a couple rolls of Efke 25 film. If Curt makes regular purchases of this film from J&C then J&C not having it on hand has put themselves in the position of not being able to supply a reasonable request from a customer..a couple rolls of Efke 25.

Retro Photographic has the film and is saving it for regular customers in their UK market. Hey, finally someone has the film. Their regular customers should be happy they have a supplier that is considering their needs over getting new customers elsewhere. Retro Photographic only has a very limited supply
    of this film. It would be better if the had a much more adequate supply of this film if they wish to aquire new customers that buy Efke 25 and others products. People do not universally enjoy being denied what they want in favor of others. Some take offense to the situation which I consider well within normal human nature.

I do not know anything about buying or using Efke 25. There are probably other films that are more in the mainstream, readily available, and can do Curts job equally well.

I think that we are to see more of problems with getting supplies and each should act as far as possible in their best interests.

We make choices and can not avoid living with them.

It is true. Hard as I try I find myself unable to be the lady others wish me to
    be, I will not comment about whether I was kicked out of NOW.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    For my part I have always received exemplary service from Retrophotographic, and will be happy to continue using them
    I too have always had excellent service from Retrophotographic. Fast fulfillment, they've let me know when things aren't in stock, and they're helpful when I have questions. I too will continue to shop there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My first 3 and only orders with Retro were for sheet film and an error was made every time. On each occassion I returned the film at my expense. On the third time they gave me a free pen! I now use JandC and have done for some time. JandC did make a packing error on one occassion but sorted out the problem at quickly and at their expense.
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think whats been overlooked in all this is that Retro Photographic in the UK are the UK distributors for Efke/Adox and in the USA it is J & C who play that role. Both of them seem to be linked (partners?) with Fotoimpex in Berlin who I suspect has some financial involvement in the Efke/Adox business. From other threads, I've gathered that if you are in the US and try to order these films from the Berlin company you get referred to J & C in the States. So my guess is that these three companies have agreements not to sell in each other's terratories. That's quite a normal commercial practice so I can well understand why Retro don't want to encourage orders from the US as they would be treading on J & C's toes. I've never tried to order from J & C but I suspect if i did I might get referred to Retro (whom I have dealt with).

This all seems rather a piffling storm in a teacup (or coffee cup if you prefer) and it's a pity the thread has got the heading it has as this is nothing to do with national characteristics (whatever they are) but all to do with commercial arrangements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good God Curt you have one big axe to grind at first J&C then any other supplier of efke. If you are that hard up I have 2 rolls of efke 25 in my freezer and as in another thread you still need the efke 25 in 4x5 I have a box of 50 sheets. I will let you have them for the listed price at J&C plus postage. BTW the rolls are 120. I have no earth shattering need to have them right "NOW"! I can certainly wait the couple of weeks that it will take to get the new supplies in from J&C if it takes that long.

Makes me wonder if this is all some sort of media hype just prior to a competitor of J&C announcing they have efke film available. Sure smacks of a smear campaign.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Brac wins the price !

Also let´s not forgett that Curt inquired for 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 sheetfilm.
    Not CHS 25 or CHS 50 KB or 120.
    2x3 is something we really only produce once a year and every partner in the line gets a years supply.
    JandC can supply CHS 100 and Classic 200/400 in 2x3.

Do Americans really expect from a dealer to stock 2x3 film in a way that without any delay they can always get EVERY speed anytime ?

If so I am glad I am living in Germany. If someone walks in our Berlin store and asks for 9x12cm film he asks me which films I have got and is usually very happy I´ve got some at all. I never had someone bitch at me if out of 5 speeds we had only 3 for immediate supply.

Can soemone please turn off this thread ?
    I think all points are clear now.

Mirko

ADOX FOTOIMPEX, BERLIN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What, is 9x12 European standart format so rare and unusual today? We got here in Moscow all Ilford line, plus Foma and Forte in 9x12...

Zhenya

Quote Originally Posted by ADOX FOTOIMPEX
    If so I am glad I am living in Germany. If someone walks in our Berlin store and asks for 9x12cm film he asks me which films I have got and is usually very happy I´ve got some at all. I never had someone bitch at me if out of 5 speeds we had only 3 for immediate supply.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Zhenya,

we have Foma and Forte as well but 9x12 makes up about 5% of all sheetfilm sales.

I was only refering to our own brand ADOX which is made in 9x12 but not all speeds are always in stock.

What´s the temperature in Moscow right now ?

A friend just called me and they are freezing like hell :-)

Mirko

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin