Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,357   Online: 1119

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Viva GB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Viva GB

My name is Curt Jackson; my grandparents were from England and Ireland. I need a couple of rolls of Adox/Efke 25 for an job I was lucky to get. JandC has no timeline for the availability so I ask retro photographic ltd for some.
    Here is their reply.

Curt,

We only have a very small quantity of the 50 which I prefer to keep for regular UK customers. I am sure that J&C will get some in due course.

retro photographic ltd

At the risk of offending everybody I will just let you decide.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    My name is Curt Jackson; my grandparents were from England and Ireland. I need a couple of rolls of Adox/Efke 25 for an job I was lucky to get. JandC has no timeline for the availability so I ask retro photographic ltd for some.
    Here is their reply.

Curt,

We only have a very small quantity of the 50 which I prefer to keep for regular UK customers. I am sure that J&C will get some in due course.

retro photographic ltd

At the risk of offending everybody I will just let you decide.

Curt
    The key phrase here may be "Regular UK customers". In other words irregular UK based customers or first time customers in the U.K. like me may not get any either until the stock situation improves.

I can understand this. If Retro fails to satisfy its regulars then it may jeopardise its regular income stream.

Just an alternative explanation which may be more palatable.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Instead of fobbing you off with some story, they told it to you straight.

I think that's quite good.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    my grandparents were from England and Ireland.
    What does this have to do with buying film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Regardless of nationality it doesn't seem like a good way to lure in future regular customers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These guys were plainly rude to you. That's really out of normal seller's behaviour - just don't buy from them anymore. They openly imply that there are two kinds of customers, and that you're inferior - I don't think you need such opinions for free

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Mick. They were honest and upfront. No excuses, no lies. That has guaranteed they will get my business in future. I like dealing with honest companies.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, they're honest and upfront - just plainly peeing in face of their new customer. Maybe he's about to bring them a big income, or he's really in need of this film, who knows? Perhaps that's my own post-Soviet mentality, but personally I would prefer here a sweet lie like "sorry, it's out of stock now". It's damn unright to tell to the customer that he's not a priority, on my opinion. After all, if the goods in store are already reserved for someone else, why there's a need to say that they're available? Or we are getting not enough disappointment already?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I agree with Mick. They were honest and upfront. No excuses, no lies. That has guaranteed they will get my business in future. I like dealing with honest companies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many shops operate a 'reserved stock' policy for regular customers. I see no difference here.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 out of 10 for honesty. Perhaps somewhat less for Public Relations. But then, I for one would rather deal with an honest seller than one that relies on good PR to stay in business - far too many of those about already...

So some would prefer to be lied to??? What a weird concept. "Oh, my God! The world does not revolve around me after all and I am so hopelessly insecure that I would rather people lie to me than be faced with that life shattering realisation"....

Unbelievable!

Quick disclaimer: I have never bought anything from Retro as they do not stock much of anything I use.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin