Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,101   Online: 877

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    And, since from some reports I have read, their digital products are not doing very well, they have nowhere else to go right now anyway.
    Hmm. Fuji's DSLR cameras are based upon the soon to be discontinued Nikon N80.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    I think I can live with that!
    Stay with us FUJI, film is the REAL thing!

Cheers

André

Juba, I agree even being an ex Kodaker. I think Mr. Perez made both a strategic and a tactical error by making that statement. Even if it were totally true (which I discount) it should never ever have been uttered, particularly by the CEO of Kodak.

Terrible disease that. Hoof in mouth disease, I mean.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A friend has just brought back for me, from Japan, a few boxes of 4x5 Acros (20 ind. sheets per box) @ only $22.00 CDN or $18.00 u.s. per box! That's cheaper than what I have to pay for Efke. What a deal, for such a beautiful film.

That's great news to hear of Fuji's committment,...for the moment.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    A friend has just brought back for me, from Japan, a few boxes of 4x5 Acros (20 ind. sheets per box) @ only $22.00 CDN or $18.00 u.s. per box! That's cheaper than what I have to pay for Efke. What a deal, for such a beautiful film.

That's great news to hear of Fuji's committment,...for the moment.

Why the backhanded "for the moment" comment.

No wonder we have diminishing resources with attitudes like that. If we as photographer continue to buy their products and the profit is there for them we should have product. None of us has a crystal ball but come on this company has a transparency film desired by most serious professionals and a range of Black and White materials that is the equal of any on the market.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Long live Fuji and ACROS!!!!!!! Best B/W film on the market todate IMO.

Greg
    Looking is a gift, but seeing is power.

Buster6X6

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Terribly sorry if you're offended by my "backhanded"comment. It's probably my utter lack of keyboard savvy, or failure to include a plethora of smilies that's likely contributing to the diminishing sense of community, brotherhood, sisterhood, and overall wellbeing of so many others. I beg pardon. Oh,...the error of my ways.

Photography is about the only thing that I see in black and white.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    And, since from some reports I have read, their digital products are not doing very well, they have nowhere else to go right now anyway.
    Keep in mind that still photography for Fuji along with EK is just a part of thier conventional silver halide based business. Motion picture film, medical and scientific imaging, etc. will keep the two big boys producing film for us still shooters for quite some time.

-Mark
    -- If film is dead, then how come I can't buy a Leica for 20 bucks? --

Mark Greenberg
    Editorial & Commercial Photographer
    www.markgreenbergphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is great news, but perhaps it would further strengthen Fuji's resolve if they got some positive feedback on this release...?

If someone can dig up an (appropriate) email address I'd like to propose that every APUG member sends a message of thanks and support to Fuji. At least it would show that there is an active customer base out there that is listening and welcomes their decision.

What do you think?
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    <<< This is great news, but perhaps it would further strengthen Fuji's resolve if they got some positive feedback on this release...?

If someone can dig up an (appropriate) email address I'd like to propose that every APUG member sends a message of thanks and support to Fuji. At least it would show that there is an active customer base out there that is listening and welcomes their decision.

What do you think? >>>

That`s a good idea, I will support that!!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    That`s a good idea, I will support that!!
    Excellent positive stuff.
    Steve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin