Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,569   Online: 912

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

We brought back the HP5+ single Use Camera pretty quickly after the establishment of HARMAN technology Limited. Its a popular product in certain markets, especially for people wishing to 'experiment' with monochrome. They are also very popular to keep in the glovebox of your car in case you have a 'prang' .

SIMON / ILFORD Photo / Harman technology Limited
    Simon, are these available at all in the USA? I've never seen one with HP5+, but might well buy one or two if I could find them; I'm not all that impressed with C-41 B&W films, but HP5+ is perfectly proper silver image stock...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Donald,

The US distributor does hold some in stock, I guess if your supplier sent a special order to ILFORD US I guess the US distributor could deliver.

As to Matt : Got me...

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

We brought back the HP5+ single Use Camera pretty quickly after the establishment of HARMAN technology Limited. Its a popular product in certain markets, especially for people wishing to 'experiment' with monochrome. They are also very popular to keep in the glovebox of your car in case you have a 'prang' .

SIMON / ILFORD Photo / Harman technology Limited
    They are quite useful for having a photo contest in your club/society. Everyone using the same camera/film, nice way to sort the camera collectors from the photographers

DKT

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    Simon, are these available at all in the USA? I've never seen one with HP5+, but might well buy one or two if I could find them; I'm not all that impressed with C-41 B&W films, but HP5+ is perfectly proper silver image stock...
    donald--you can probably get one through southeastern camera if you're near any of their locations. I know the original store here in raleigh (now peace camera) stocks them from time to time. i've seen the HP5 cameras there up near the front counter where they stock odds & ends...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, there's an Ilford dealer I visit every now and then (they process my 120 color film, when I shoot some), I'll have to check with them if they can get one or two of those cameras in. I don't recall seeing a Southeastern in Greensboro/High Point area, though I'm still not that familiar with the place (been here just over a year). Raleigh's a little far to go from here, though I suppose I could try to get someone in the area to mail me a camera or two, if all else fails...

Of course, I suppose I could just load a roll of HP5+ into one of my one-dollar plastic 35 mm junkers; they probably arent' much worse than the disposables, but it'd be nice to have the whole unit still in the wrapper, ready to open and use at a moment's notice, and be reasonably sure it'll give the right exposure...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

DKT

there's no SEC over there in the Triad...closest one would be in Carrboro, but that store actually has their best selection of film & paper. The next closest store would be Camcor in Burlington. G-Boro had Carolina Camera for many years, but they closed shop last year. there's a really large photo dealer/supplier in Kernersville though--Diversified Imaging--but I'm not sure if they sell direct to consumers.

High Point is dead center for the furniture market studios like alderman's, tribuzio, norling's, omega studios, atlantic photographics etc. for years the triad was the place to be for photography in NC....it's like the hollywood of home furnishing catalog photography....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DKT
    High Point is dead center for the furniture market studios like alderman's, tribuzio, norling's, omega studios, atlantic photographics etc. for years the triad was the place to be for photography in NC....it's like the hollywood of home furnishing catalog photography....
    Yep. Unfortunately, that stuff is now about 100% silicon sensor. I have no idea how High Point Photo Supply is hanging on; they can't be selling enough new cameras to cover the mini-lab work they don't get any more. I bought up a bunch of TMY and a few other goodies when Carolina Camera's Market Street store closed (missed the other one by a year, give or take), all my budget could take.

And now it's the internet, and finding places that will ship chemicals is a major pain -- I might be unable to get more HC-110 when I run out because no one wants to ship liquids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin