Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,561   Posts: 1,573,308   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford's single use HP5+ camera?

How long has this been around? See Ilford's products page..

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    How long has this been around? See Ilford's products page..
    A while - since before they went into administartion, they "resurrected" it again some time ago (it was in one of the 'we are aking this again' announcements by Ilford).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since October 2003 (the date of the PDF)?

I'm not sure about in which markets the single-use camra is sold, however.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I look at that products page at least once a week, and I never noticed it before! I must be getting oldtimers disease!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I must be getting oldtimers disease!
    keep taking the arricept Andy - you'll be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    . . . I must be getting oldtimers disease!
    Don't worry, Andy. I forgot to look at whatever we were talking about, too.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I look at that products page at least once a week, and I never noticed it before! I must be getting oldtimers disease!
    Ah? What? Where am I? What are you doing in my living room? Toodle Pip! Pass the butter Mr. Peterson...

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

DKT

they've been around for more than a few years...I can't say for certain though. I gave a little talk once to a group of schoolkids that take part in a history "club" type thing our museum runs statewide through the school system. They have an architectural preservation photo contest every year and it requires the kids to use b/w film and paper like a mini HABS/NHR survey ...we kept getting questions about what kinds of film to use when everyone was using color neg in their point-n-shoots or later on using digital. I got one of those one-time use cameras with XP2 in it and tried to tell them to use that, but the kids misunderstood this and a lot of them used the HP5 camera, and took the film to local drugstore labs or Wolf etc, and the negs were pretty bad actually, or the parents/teachers complained about how much it cost to get the film developed... XP2 was my choice for the C41 process, but somehow we had a failure to communicate....

so long story, but I still have one of the XP2 cameras on my desk. it sez, International Paper on it, so that oughta date it as far as Ilford goes. Also has an exp. date of 1998. 24 exposures + 3 extra! "say cheese...Look at the world in Black & White...Fun..Convenient!" "The world looks good in black & white"...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

We brought back the HP5+ single Use Camera pretty quickly after the establishment of HARMAN technology Limited. Its a popular product in certain markets, especially for people wishing to 'experiment' with monochrome. They are also very popular to keep in the glovebox of your car in case you have a 'prang' .

SIMON / ILFORD Photo / Harman technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    They are also very popular to keep in the glovebox of your car in case you have a 'prang'
    And if you didn't already know that Ilford was from the UK - this comment would confirm it!

Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin