Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,516   Online: 1080

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

APUG Appeal - Please send a 'Thank you!' to Fuji

We've had a few really lousy pieces of news over the last few months. First Agfa go under, then Nikon pull almost completely out of the film camera market and now Konica Minolta are doing the same and will be dropping their film and paper lines too. With Kodak's CEO announcing publicly that "film is gone", times have been better for traditional photography and the doom-sayers have been out buying megaphones!

Well, we've finally had some really good news (as reported on this thread) in that Fuji have issued a statement confirming their commitment to silver halide photography.

This is great news for traditional photography as a whole! However, I think it would be worth showing Fuji that their decision is appreciated and that there are traditional photographers out there who are active, vocal and who care very much. This is a great chance for traditional photographers to take positive action to reinforce a decision by one of the industry's biggest players.

I'm therefore asking that each APUG member send an email to Fuji thanking them for their continued support of our craft. These can be as plain and simple or as elaborate and heartfelt as you like. Even if you yourself do not use any Fuji products, lend a hand and support your friends and fellow APUGgers who do.

I spoke a lady from Fuji UK this morning who was surprised and quite touched that anyone actually cared enough about the press release to phone up. Apparently the press / magazine reaction has ranged from the indifferent to bordering on the derisive. I explained that there were probably quite a few of use that would like to send messages of thanks and support and she gave me the following email address professional@fuji.co.uk She also said that she would forward any emails to the head office in Tokyo.

Thanks for reading this. Please lend your support.

All the best,

FrankB
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not me, I don`t have nothing to ask or thanks to Fuji or anyone else, after all, I pay a price for the products and that`s my thanks to the manufacturer.
    Aren`t we overeacting here?

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, that didn't take long did it...

<Sigh>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I send an email. I think it is a good thing to show them some response!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alien
    I send an email. I think it is a good thing to show them some response!
    That`s my opinion, too!

I buy Acros, but I think I can give some more support.

PS: Just did so!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm going to send a real honest-to-gosh analog thank you note.
    Stamp and all.

I think a few thousand real cards make a greater impact than a few megabytes of e-mails.

-- MW

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Email just sent. I use Acros exclusively for all my MF shoots and I just wanted to thank them for continuing to support us so we can continue to do what we love.

I hope oen day they will sell Acros in LF in non quickload! Now that would be awesome.

Thanks for the email address...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For those who wish to follow Magnus' lead, the Fuji global site is here. You should be able to find a link to your regional division from there.

Many thanks

FrankB
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Who knows? Send them your product requests and recommend j&c as a distributer. Maybe next year they will be cutting up ULF for us!
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Email sent.

Andre, we have to let these companies know we are out here.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin