Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,194   Online: 838

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unless you have some reliable source that you haven't told you us about, stating without qualifiers that "55 is next" is irresponsible.

What matters more to Polaroid than any petition is the financial results. If you want Polaroid to continue Type 55, then buy Type 55. Vote with your money. That will count with Polaroid ten thousand times more than an internet petition.[/QUOTE]

Mickael,

It has been 25 years that I am voting with my money, on Tri-X, 665, 55 and Agfa paper. I begin to really feel left alone.
    Last week alone I bought and used 25 packs of 665.
    I know that 55 and 665 use different rolls of emulsion and, therefore come from two different plants.
    Now, there are a lot of rumors concerning the 55. Coming from the same sources that said the same thing, last year, about the 665.
    I'm concerned and you can call me irresponsible as many times as you want, I will not care.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume Zuili
    Hi,

I'm working right now in Paris on a project using as usual my 665 and, day after day, I'm more and more upset about the end of that incredible film.

I'm thinking of launching a petition. I can count on the other photographers from my agency in Paris (VU) and get some friends of Rapho, Magnum and Tendance Floue.

I need you ! The more we can be, the better it is !

Even if it's hopeless, I want to give a last chance.

Best regards to all,

Guillaume

Is this the stuff than can be manipulated? I had always wanted to try that , Someone told me to do it diigitally!, Some poeple just don't get it, thats up there with Adding grain in PS :rolleyes:

best place to start a petion is http://www.petitiononline.com/, if you start it I will be sure to spread the word around DeviantArt as that is where many of the young film users congregate.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Is this the stuff than can be manipulated? I had always wanted to try that , Someone told me to do it diigitally!, Some poeple just don't get it, thats up there with Adding grain in PS :rolleyes:
    665 is B&W positive/negative film. SX-70 film is the stuff that can be manipulated with a stylus to produce a "Van Gogh" effect. Type 669/79/809 is what is usually used for color Polaroid transfers and emulsion lifts. There's some good info on these techniques on the Polaroid website.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    665 is B&W positive/negative film. SX-70 film is the stuff that can be manipulated with a stylus to produce a "Van Gogh" effect. Type 669/79/809 is what is usually used for color Polaroid transfers and emulsion lifts. There's some good info on these techniques on the Polaroid website.
    Ajuk, from what I read just last year, the SX70 film was changed and apparently changed in the wrong direction for manipulation. Check the threads on this before you leap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Ajuk, from what I read just last year, the SX70 film was changed and apparently changed in the wrong direction for manipulation. Check the threads on this before you leap.
    I would have thought that most of the sales of SX-70 are by people wanting to to manipulations.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    there were changes made in the time zero film (sx-70) and the result of the change was a difficultly with manipulation. The worked out the problem and the proper type for manipulation was made available.

In Oct. an annoucement was made that by March 2006 that film would be discontinued.

The people who use this film are not happy, but the market is not supporting it 's continued coating. It is not an easy film to coat and the cost high.

At this time there is film available with an expiration date of 12-06. when that is gone, there will be no more time zero film much to many of our heartaches.

Yes, one can use 600 film in the sx-70 cameras, but most people, not all of course, who use these cameras want film that can be manipulated, and 600 won't do that.

When all of my time zero film is gone, i will have a pair of sx-70 bookends on my hands.

And just to cover all bases, this film can not be frozen, and sometimes it will work after the expiration date and sometimes not.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Can it be kept in the fridge?

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    yes, and it should be, but not frozen.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin