Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,455   Online: 962

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa APX 400 in 35mm & 120mm

Does anyone still have any of the original Agfa APX 400 in 35mm & 120mm in their fridge at the lab or at home that they may no longer want.

I can hear your chuckle already!

Thought I'd put it out there anyway - you just never know your luck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't but I just shot a roll of it today. This is my first roll. How do you develope yours?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Does anyone still have any of the original Agfa APX 400 in 35mm & 120mm...
    What makes it "original". I have 11 rolls of 35mm (exp 1/2010) and 2 rolls of 120 (exp 1/2009).

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have any 400 but I have 10 rolls of 100 35mm and 9 rolls 120

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's 50 rolls of APX 400 on ebay...go HERE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    There's 50 rolls of APX 400 on ebay...go HERE
    They only ship to the US. But, I am sure that some APUGer would be willing to forward purchases to you, if you can find any in the US. I'll do it, if needed.

Freestyle has 35mm in stock--
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...at_id=&pid=865

I think I also saw an eBay auction for a bulk roll of 35mm--in Australia! I can't find it now. It may have been 100 speed.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    In the UK there's very little of this film still around. I had a few rolls in 35mm I didn't require and have sold all but 3 of them on ebay. The last batch I auctioned was a day or two back and I quite accurately said that it was difficult to find in the UK. I started the auction at a very low price as I was happy to let the bidders decide what it was worth to them. Then some guy in Louisiania bid quite a high price but then he moaned that he "felt ripped off" because he had "trusted my comments" but had then found no difficulty in ordering it in the US for about US $ 3 a roll.

After congratulating him on his good fortune (he would be lucky to find it under GBP £3 a roll in the UK if he could find it at all) I cancelled his bid, because I have enough hassle in my life without him adding to it. (I'm sure he would have given a negative)

This does illustrate one of the many perils of selling on ebay - people don't read half of what you say and the half they do read they don't understand. Nowhere did I claim to be talking about the situation with this film in the US as I haven't a clue, anymore than I would know how many rolls of Agfapan APX400 might be lurking around in, say, Peru.

Anyway the good news from this little tale is that in Louisiania there is apparently tons of the stuff at US $3 a roll. As for my remaining 3 rolls I think I'll hang on to them for a few weeks.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm hanging onto my 72 rolls of 120-the armoured truck is on it's way (ROFL).......
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone in the US has a few rolls and is thinking--this would be too much of a hassle--
    I am sending some rolls to Nicole. If you send stuff to me, I can put them all in the package.

I don't want to tell you what to do, but, I only had a few rolls left. I figured it was time to get used to the future, so I saved them for just such a request while I aclimatize to HP5+.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    Does anyone still have any of the original Agfa APX 400 in 35mm & 120mm in their fridge at the lab or at home that they may no longer want.

I can hear your chuckle already!

Thought I'd put it out there anyway - you just never know your luck
    Nicole. I just looked at Mathers of Lancashire in the U.K. Generally they are as cheap as anywhere. Their website was updated on 19 Jan this year so should be OK.

They are showing APX 100 and 400 in 35mm x36 at £3.25 and APX400 in 120 at £2.09. No mention of limited stocks or having to ration it to individual customers.

This is as good as the Louisiana store at $3 if we are talking 120 but not as good if it is 35mm X36. It's better than the e-bay offer quoted. Mathers is a relatively small site. It's really a shop with mail order facilities. There's no mention of being prepared to deal with overseas orders but its worth asking. My guess is that if the order was big enough then unless they feel they will barely be able to satisfy regular U.K. based customers they will probably deal with you.

My dealings with them were excellent. I ordered late afternoon one day and got it the next.

The details are: e-mail: sales@mathersoflancashire.co.uk
    Tel: 01204 522186
    Fax: 01204 529003

You'll need the international dialling code of course.

Best of luck

Pentaxuser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin