Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,881   Online: 834

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Grade 4 is bye bye

Was at B+H today looking for printing paper. Lately I have been drifting back to graded paper. Sad news is that both Forte and Ilford have already discontinued their Grade 4 papers. I bought up the last 2 boxes of Forte grade 4 on the shelf.
    However Oriental still makes a grade 4. And to think that at one time not too long ago Agfa made paper all the way up to Grade 6!!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Kentmere Bromide is still available in grade 4. I've only needed it once so far but I keep a box around just in case.

Cheers, James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Check Freestyle, they have their Arista Professional available in grade 4. It is their old house brand that is rebranded ilford.

I wonder if John at J&C can help out here. Is Forte discontinuing grade 4 or does Omega Satter no longer want to import it? Not that I have a horse in this race since I use multigrade.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

G4

James-thanks for the tip. Of course the salesman never said a peep about that paper; which they carry. I do like the qualities of the Ilford Galerie and the Forte Bromfort. The Ilford can be manipulated in many ways to create a unique look.
    I've only started playing with the Forte but it is a stunning paper with great depth.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon Galley mentioned this in the Perceptol thread.

--------------------------------------------------
    Dear Lachlan,

Its getting harder ( excuse the pun ) to justify runs of Grade 4 GALERIE FB, so no grade 5, I am afraid.

No news on 25asa yet, its R&D dependant, I will let you know as soon as any developments are in the pipeline

Simon
    ----------------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    J&C Exposition "Hard" grade is the old Cachet Expo grade 4. "Normal" is the old grade 3 (which was a little less contrasty than, say, Galerie grade 3), and "Soft" is the old grade 2.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Central Camera out of Chicago carries 2, 3, and 4 Bergger.
    They've lots of graded Bergger and others. Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin