Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,476   Online: 1096

Shooter
    35mm

Modest Discounts on 120 Velvia 50 and Provia 100 5-packs at Adorama

Hi all,

I don't know how long this has been going on, so maybe it's not news, but Adorama has reduced the price of a 5 pack of 120 Velvia 50 to $17.45 ($2.50 off) and Provia 100 to $13.95. So if you've been planning to fill the freezer before the original Velvia is gone for good, now you can save a bit doing it.

I'm actually kind of surprised that the stock has held out this long. After reading all the threads on various forums from people who dislike the Velvia 100 and 100F, I would have thought there would be a run on it.

Later,
    Jerry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think this has been at that price via Adorama for a While, at least for the Velvia. I stocked up in December. One of the differences regarding Fuji is that they actually give some sort of notice that they will be discontinuing a product, not after the fact like Kodak, Agfa, etc. With Velvia 50, I believe they even stated how long they expected the Stock to still be available to the consumer and when the last production run would be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibran
    I think this has been at that price via Adorama for a While, at least for the Velvia. I stocked up in December. One of the differences regarding Fuji is that they actually give some sort of notice that they will be discontinuing a product, not after the fact like Kodak, Agfa, etc. With Velvia 50, I believe they even stated how long they expected the Stock to still be available to the consumer and when the last production run would be.
    Okay, I hadn't really been paying attention. It usually seems like Adorama and B&H mirror each other's prices pretty quickly, and since B&H isn't discounting I thought maybe it was recent.

I've read that the last run of Velvia 50 was made last summer, but have never seen a prediction of how long the stock was expected to last. Anyone know?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty
    Okay, I hadn't really been paying attention. It usually seems like Adorama and B&H mirror each other's prices pretty quickly, and since B&H isn't discounting I thought maybe it was recent.

I've read that the last run of Velvia 50 was made last summer, but have never seen a prediction of how long the stock was expected to last. Anyone know?
    According to this thread at Photo.net, the last run for Velvia 50 was in December according to a Fuji rep.
    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...id=00EWSM&tag=

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin