Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,219   Online: 967

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Petzi

Thanks for the update, it is indeed sad that a third party cannot move in and make paper and film

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    Petzi

Thanks for the update, it is indeed sad that a third party cannot move in and make paper and film
    The sense I got from Petzi's message was exactly the opposite - that one could buy the equipment and continue to rent the building from Bayer in Agfa's stead.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find it interesting that none of the 13x18 APX 100 appears to have sold on EBay, and is not re-listed yet. I hope it is not on its way to a landfill. Agfa's "extra eingerichtetes Salesteam in Leverkusen" has not replied to emails in English or German.

EDIT: 4 sets of 52 boxes each are now showing in the Agfa EBay shop.
    Last edited by TimVermont; 01-31-2006 at 01:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    The sense I got from Petzi's message was exactly the opposite - that one could buy the equipment and continue to rent the building from Bayer in Agfa's stead.
    Right. I think they'd be glad if someone wanted to do that.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont
    I find it interesting that none of the 13x18 APX 100 appears to have sold on EBay, and is not re-listed yet. I hope it is not on its way to a landfill. Agfa's "extra eingerichtetes Salesteam in Leverkusen" has not replied to emails in English or German.

EDIT: 4 sets of 52 boxes each are now showing in the Agfa EBay shop.
    They sold at least two items for over 1000 EUR each. I don't think the insolvency adminstrator will allow anything going to the landfill. He would have to pay the creditors of the company out of his own pocket for the loss.

Are you interested in that film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    They sold at least two items for over 1000 EUR each. I don't think the insolvency adminstrator will allow anything going to the landfill. He would have to pay the creditors of the company out of his own pocket for the loss.

Are you interested in that film?

Yes and No. I've been informed by two sources, one in Europe, and one well-connected to Europe, that Agfa last cut sheet film in 2001, so irrespective of the date on the box it is already 4+ years old. I would welcome comments from any European APUGers who may have first hand knowledge of this.

The landfill comment comes from Kerry Thalmann's thread on the (near) fate of Docter optics lenses during their bankruptcy.

I emailed AgfaPhoto last week offering to buy one set of 52 boxes and have it picked up by FedEx on my account at their location, and that I would use FedEx as the customs broker (thus relieving them of any administrative burden) but received no reply. Joining the Ilford ULF pre-order program may be my best choice, even though I'll have to learn a new film.

Best,

Tim

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I can get the film for you. It was made in 2003 and expires 2008. Should be good for years after that when frozen. Have you ever heard of someone whose ASA 100 b/w film was bad? Perhaps after 40 years. The expiry date is valid for room temperature, and even then there is a margin of safety.

I have bought other items from Agfa and they are not shipped yet so I could get your film in one shipment at no extra cost. Let me know. I also have other (cheaper) shipping options to USA than Fedex.

I can also get smaller amounts of it, but at a higher price per box. Stock up if you need this product.
    Last edited by Petzi; 02-03-2006 at 11:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Petzi,

That is a very kind offer, and much appreciated. But I've decided to use up what APX I have now and then learn a new film, most likely Ilford. (I've experimented with cut down Acros 8x10, the resulting negatives are superb, but the cost is outrageous.)

Thanks again,

Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Any Scala?

TBH, I think it would be better to move on to somthing else, you will run out eventually, plus its probably better to keep somone else in buisiness.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    Any Scala?

TBH, I think it would be better to move on to somthing else, you will run out eventually, plus its probably better to keep somone else in buisiness.
    I have a source for Scala, 135-36 and 120.

Moving on to something else does not help any other manufacturer because someone else is going to use the remaining Agfa product then and not that other manufacturer's product.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin