Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,121   Online: 971

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Afficionados

Just a heads up for the APX fans that on the German version of THE AUCTION SITE THAT SHAN'T BE NAMED, the liquidators of Leverkeusen are selling off inventory.

Amongst which 5x7" sheet APX 100 and 600 rolls of APX 35mm...
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    ... and 600 rolls of APX 35mm...
    If my feeble skills in the German language doesn't decieve me, they have actually seven lots of 600 rolls each; whereof five is still unsold.
    It is APX100 135/24, and they will sell only to the EU.

And my poor, anemic wallet is still suffering from christmas-induced moneylessness.

darn -- MW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they had some 120, I might be tempted. But for 135 which I'm using less and less, I am reluctant to start exploring a film which I've never used before... given it's discontinued status.

Nonetheless, for the fans of APX out there that already have it dialed in, 600 rolls should not be too difficult to group together into one order?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah this breaks my heart. I began photography by teething on APX 135. I wish whomever aquired the 5x7 film would make resale available to the US...I would gladly trim a box down to my 4x5 format.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus W
    If my feeble skills in the German language doesn't decieve me, they have actually seven lots of 600 rolls each; whereof five is still unsold.
    It is APX100 135/24, and they will sell only to the EU.

And my poor, anemic wallet is still suffering from christmas-induced moneylessness.

darn -- MW
    Yes, my reading of it is the same. So they have a total of 3000 24 exp rolls of it remaining. But I can't possibly see myself buying 600 films and the upfront payment at any rate is too high. Not that I would be shooting 120 rolls of it a year for the next five years ...

If anybody wants to pool, I'm happy to take part for upto 1/3 of it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Phil Neilson from Amplis Photo in Toronto is bringing in a rather large shipment of paper, chemistry (rodinal) , and film from the Agfa warehouses.

The orders are on a backorder system but some of the product is not backordered and will be available for purchase.

This will arrive mid Feb , those interested may want to contact Pat on the order desk at Amplis to see what will be available

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Ah this breaks my heart. I began photography by teething on APX 135. I wish whomever aquired the 5x7 film would make resale available to the US...I would gladly trim a box down to my 4x5 format.
    None of the lots of 13x18 cm (which is slightly larger than 5x7) sheet film seem to have been bougth ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Further Agfa Mis-Management

and they will sell only to the EU.

Yes, no one in the Americas or Asia would like to buy from them........ I'm amazed that they are unwilling to sell to anyone willing to pay for the goods!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont
    and they will sell only to the EU.

Yes, no one in the Americas or Asia would like to buy from them........ I'm amazed that they are unwilling to sell to anyone willing to pay for the goods!
    I am confused, how is that Agfa mis-management? This is the company liquidating the goods, and they are the ones setting the terms of sale. Not knowing what their export issues could be, it does not surprise me, I know I have had more than my own share of export problems in the last year, and I can imagine a company liquidating a large amount of stock, could even be worse, sometimes, just because someone is willing to purchase does not mean it is easy to sell.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    None of the lots of 13x18 cm (which is slightly larger than 5x7) sheet film seem to have been bougth ?
    I don't believe it is different. 13x18 designation IS the metric term for 5x7" film, no?

As for them not selling outside the EU, I'm sure that if some Ape Huggers ask nicely, there will be some Euro Ape Huggers that can act as middle men... We might even offer a discounted fee!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin