Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,711   Online: 883

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    BTW, there are two other Fuji transparency films that are only sold in Japan.

Fortia 50, introduced in 2004, and Fortia SP, introduced in 2005:
    http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/ppg/fortia/index.html
    Megaperls sells the Fortia SP to customers outside the Japanese market.

http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 02-01-2006 at 03:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    Ok, enough of the doom and gloom - has anybody seen this film - http://home.fujifilm.com/products/pr...films/t64.html - in action yet?...It will be great seeing it with Astia style nearly non-existent RMS 7 grain
    Comparing the linked T64 data sheet with the RTPII data sheet currently on Fuji USA's site, the following differences are apparent in the new film:

* 5x7, 11x14, 9x12cm and 13x18cm sheets no longer available
    * Sheet film base now 175um polyester instead of 205um acetate
    * 120 base now thinner at 98um (vs. 104um)
    * Balanced for 3200 K (vs. 3100 K)
    * Short exposures OK to 1/125 sec. (vs. 1/15 sec.)
    * Long exposures OK with no compensation to 2 min. (vs. 64 sec.)
    * Exposure compensation of +1/3 stop at 4 min. (vs. +1/2 stop at 256 sec.)
    * Diffuse RMS granularity of 7 (vs. 10)
    * High-contrast resolving power of 115 lines/mm (vs. 135 lines/mm)
    * Characteristic curves that depart noticably above D=2.4 (vs. 2.7)
    * Reduced MTF response, both at low and high frequencies

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sal. This is definitely a new 4-layer version of RTP. The previous poster whose Fuji rep told him otherwise isn't keeping up with what is going on in his own company.

Here is a link about the new 4-layer films if anyone is interested: http://home.fujifilm.com/products/pr...echnology.html
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While we are talking about Fuji can anyone enlighten me as to the Fuji BW papers on This Page - from a very rough translation it looks like there could be some very interesting papers here!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    ...This is definitely a new 4-layer version of RTP...
    Much as I've always appreciated the advantages of Fuji's fourth layer, in this case it seems to make the new film less sharp. Not an issue in 4x5, but perhaps important to those shooting 35mm.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura
    Much as I've always appreciated the advantages of Fuji's fourth layer, in this case it seems to make the new film less sharp. Not an issue in 4x5, but perhaps important to those shooting 35mm.
    I suspect it won't make much difference. Most 35mm photographers are using zoom lenses, as I do, that won't even resolve high enough to make any difference. I've been looking for a lens resolution chart/test for my 35mm lenses, but haven't found one yet.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura
    It just hit me - the new T64 will have the lowest high contrast resolution of any Fuji slide fim, including 400 speed consumer films. They all have at least 135.

Whetever this makes an actual difference, and to how many people ... I'm honestly not sure. If you are trying to squeeze every bit you can out of the system, sure, the drop in resultion may be significant. Then again, Velvia 100/100F have a resolution of 160lpm at that contrast and might give a better result with filtration (but at a slower speed). At any rate, you need to be using a very good lens and very stable tripod and then use a very good scanner (or enlrager) to get a difference in the end result, even more so with the reduced grain.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hello,

Please allow me to state the obvious....that I was wrong about the demise of RTP. I was thinking of NPL. The Fuji rep stated that they had no new version of NPL coming out.

Goes to show you why I don't believe anything I read on the internet!!!

W

Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    The old version is pretty good film. It's sharper and finer grained than Kodak's 64T, which is really saying something, but it also has more contrast and the signature Fuji green. It also doesn't have as long a scale. But if EPY weren't available I'd be fairly content using it since I can correct the color balance in Photoshop.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    Hello,

Please allow me to state the obvious....that I was wrong about the demise of RTP. I was thinking of NPL. The Fuji rep stated that they had no new version of NPL coming out.
    That is because it has been replaced by a newer film - either the Pro 160S or 160C, I'm not sure which one corresponds to NPL.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    Hello,

Goes to show you why I don't believe anything I read on the internet!!!

W
    Heh. Given that NPL only came out slightly more than a year ago thats no wonder ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin