Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,829   Online: 856

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    That is because it has been replaced by a newer film - either the Pro 160S or 160C, I'm not sure which one corresponds to NPL.
    Neither. NPL aka 160L is the tungsten balanced, japan only[1], 120 and sheet film format only 160 speed negative film designed for long / longish exposures. It came out at the same time as 160S & 160C so its a fairly new film. http://www.silverprint.co.uk/PDF/NPL160.pdf

[1] well, it is easily available elsewhere too, but the fuji usa / uk / etc sites don't officialy list it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    Neither. NPL aka 160L is the tungsten balanced, japan only[1], 120 and sheet film format only 160 speed negative film designed for long / longish exposures. It came out at the same time as 160S & 160C so its a fairly new film. http://www.silverprint.co.uk/PDF/NPL160.pdf

[1] well, it is easily available elsewhere too, but the fuji usa / uk / etc sites don't officialy list it.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware that Fuji made a tungsten based color negative film.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Actually, NPL has been out for years and has recently been discontinuted. AFAIK, there is no new replacement. It's a nice film. Too bad if it's gone.

Thanks, I wasn't aware that Fuji made a tungsten based color negative film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm afraid we don't use much color negative film in the landscape business.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is my understanding that Fuji is upgrading all their color transparencies, to the 4 layer technology.
    I thought that had already done that? I did read in this months Profesional Photographer that both Fuji and Kodak have new emultions coming.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    I thought that had already done that? I did read in this months Profesional Photographer that both Fuji and Kodak have new emultions coming.
    I think Fuji has now upgraded all their transparency films. I haven't heard of any new Fuji films, except for a motion picture film. If you have information, could you post it?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If anyone outside Japan is interested in trying some of the Japan-only films, such as the new Fujifilm tungsten reversal, Fujifilm Fortia SP (an ultra-high saturation color reversal film), or the Konica-Minolta chromes or black and whites, I'd be interested in trading for some of the European B&W films that are so exensive over here. Let me know if you are. Thanks! Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just realized that, for searching purposes, I should have posted my T64 report:

http://www.apug.org/forums/466004-post2.html

in this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin