Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,956   Online: 1138
      
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    252

    Fujichrome T64 professional [RTP]

    Ok, enough of the doom and gloom - has anybody seen this film - http://home.fujifilm.com/products/pr...films/t64.html - in action yet? Any ideas when it will trickle out of the Japanese markets ? And what it does / will cost over the present one? It will be great seeing it with Astia style nearly non-existent RMS 7 grain

  2. #2
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    It is my understanding that Fuji is upgrading all their color transparencies, to the 4 layer technology.

    BTW, there are two other Fuji transparency films that are only sold in Japan.

    Fortia 50, introduced in 2004, and Fortia SP, introduced in 2005:
    http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/ppg/fortia/index.html

    Sorry, the page is in Japanese.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    It is my understanding that Fuji is upgrading all their color transparencies, to the 4 layer technology.
    Which at least to me is great news, especially if they throw in reductions in grain size.

    Quote Originally Posted by roteague

    BTW, there are two other Fuji transparency films that are only sold in Japan.

    Fortia 50, introduced in 2004, and Fortia SP, introduced in 2005:
    http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/ppg/fortia/index.html

    Sorry, the page is in Japanese.
    Are these now regularily made? At least Fortia when introduced was a limited production (with the limit being one run) item and IIRC so was Fortia SP.

  4. #4
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    Sorry, I don't know. I found out about the films last year through Ken Rockwell's site.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

  5. #5
    Daniel Lawton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    474
    Images
    26
    I was at B+H the other week and they were completely out of both Kodak and Fuji 64 speed tungsten films. This is the first I heard of Fuji upgrading their E-6 films. Great news! Nice to see something positive developing and I can't wait to try them out.

  6. #6
    roteague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    6,672
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lawton
    I was at B+H the other week and they were completely out of both Kodak and Fuji 64 speed tungsten films. This is the first I heard of Fuji upgrading their E-6 films. Great news! Nice to see something positive developing and I can't wait to try them out.
    All of their "F" films are upgraded, except Velvia 100F which is new. Notice, Astia 100 is now Astia 100F.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

    "A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

  7. #7
    Daniel Lawton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    474
    Images
    26
    Aha I see. Duh. At any rate It''ll be interesting to see what the new version of 64 T looks like.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    229
    Images
    22
    My understanding is that they are NOT doing a new version of RTP. At least according to their local rep.


    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lawton
    Aha I see. Duh. At any rate It''ll be interesting to see what the new version of 64 T looks like.

  9. #9
    c6h6o3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    3,172
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    My understanding is that they are NOT doing a new version of RTP. At least according to their local rep.
    The old version is pretty good film. It's sharper and finer grained than Kodak's 64T, which is really saying something, but it also has more contrast and the signature Fuji green. It also doesn't have as long a scale. But if EPY weren't available I'd be fairly content using it since I can correct the color balance in Photoshop.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by ineffablething
    My understanding is that they are NOT doing a new version of RTP. At least according to their local rep.
    But how do you then explain the contents of the link I posted? The film detailed in the pdf certainly isn't the present 64T RTP II.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin