Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,189   Online: 750

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert
    'Yet digital S.L.R.'s are big, bulky and heavy. And you can't use the screen to compose your shots, which, on other cameras, is a delicious convenience. You must frame your shots by peering through the eyepiece.' Has anyone here ever tried to compose a picture in a 2 inch screen held at arms length ? This is progress ?
    The funny thing is, my wife won't use the viewfinder on her Digital Elph. She only uses the LCD. I think it's just not intuitive for people that the viewfinder might be a better mechanism for composition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively
    My cellphone has an on-off button. The "off" works great. I use it a lot.
    The leave switched off in a drawer for months at a time, function works pretty well too.

Such a shame about Nikon, though.

"Providing someone somewhere is making photographic paper and chemicals you will still be able to take a 50 year old negative and develop it to produce a print which will last at least 50 years (100 for BW)."

And failing that, there will probably still be scanners.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The one issue that has not been addressed in any real form is long term storage of digital files (this is as much a problem for film shooters who scan negs to do post in photoshop). When people start seeing their memories destoryed that will be when the consumer questions the benefits of digital.

mike
    www.michaelsloane.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount
    "Chute said photography has lost its identity in the digital era and become a subset of the consumer electronics industry."

That's it! The quote finally puts to words the angst I've felt over this whole thing. This is ground zero for my personal antipathy to digital.
    E X A C T L Y !!!

Spot on, vey well said, and mirrors the way I feel too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin