Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,130   Online: 833

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Jobo Drums Availability

Someone on the auction site (http://cgi.ebay.com/Jobo-CPP2-with-L...QQcmdZViewItem) is saying that new Jobo drums are no longer available from Jobo and for that reason he has lowered the starting bid price for his CPP-2 processor. Does anyone know for a fact what may or may not be going on with regards to Jobo's distribution of its drums and tanks? I have sent a couple of emails to Omega-Satter but they haven't been returned.

Thanks in advance.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To the best of my knowledge, JOBO is still in business even if the US office is closed. The main office in Germany is still in operation, so I assume production is too.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    I would guess that it is pure auction hype. AFAIK they are offering all the standard size drums. They re listed on the website ... just takes a while to dig through the place to get to them. I know that, after a roughstart for a fefw months, folks have been getting reasonably prompt delivery on parts from OmegaSatter. Call them on the phone that works.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

What I meant was...

That is my auction- The drums that I had originally advertised with this unit are no longer available for sale! I am keeping the drums to use with another unit I have... I guess I should change the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Changeling1
    Someone on the auction site (http://cgi.ebay.com/Jobo-CPP2-with-L...QQcmdZViewItem) is saying that new Jobo drums are no longer available from Jobo and for that reason he has lowered the starting bid price for his CPP-2 processor. Does anyone know for a fact what may or may not be going on with regards to Jobo's distribution of its drums and tanks? I have sent a couple of emails to Omega-Satter but they haven't been returned.

Thanks in advance.
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Omega-Satter is the new US distributor for the Jobo stuff. There was supposed to be a big shipment to them in November. I called yesterday to inquire if the supply line wsa being rplenished because the large retailers seem to have nothing in stock yet. The person was not extremely helpful but said most things are in stock at Omega and the reatilers could order..EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He says:

I lowered the price because the drums originally included in this auction are no longer available... I'm keeping them for myself. Sorry!
    (They are still available from Jobo or from online photo supply merchants.)
    What I think he means is that the drums are no longer available in the auction because he is keeping them, but you can buy them elsewhere. It's just badly worded, giving the wrong impression.

Bob.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I appologize for all the confusion...

I fixed the auction- I removed the offending paragraph... I hope this clears up any confusion regarding Jobo drums & their availability!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    He says:

What I think he means is that the drums are no longer available in the auction because he is keeping them, but you can buy them elsewhere. It's just badly worded, giving the wrong impression.

Bob.
    John (Alpha Flying Monkey) Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for clearing that up for me and good luck with the auction! Thanks everyone for the input and I'll give O-S a call.
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLMoore3
    I fixed the auction- I removed the offending paragraph... I hope this clears up any confusion regarding Jobo drums & their availability!
    Sorry John, I somehow missed your earlier post before I posted...

OK, so, now you all know it's a fellow APUGger - get bidding!

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin