Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,710   Posts: 1,482,916   Online: 979

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Postcard sized....

Sorry, I really must learn to resist... Assuming it is the same size as previously, 10x15cm.

Cheers, Bob.
    But who's Postcard size?

I collected postcards at one point and there was a large variation between countries and printers.

Will have to start bugging my local dealer to get it in.

Regards

Brendan
    [FONT=Ariel]Brendan F Sforcina[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Magpie: adj, of or like a magpie; characterized by the habit of hoarding ascribed to magpies.[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie
    But who's Postcard size?

I collected postcards at one point and there was a large variation between countries and printers.

Will have to start bugging my local dealer to get it in.

Regards

Brendan
    Like I said: "Assuming it is the same size as previously, 10x15cm." You will however receive postcards in various sizes as you noted... Some will be in envelopes so not, technically, postcards, but sending some Alt-proc cards unprotected through the post would just be asking for trouble...

One problem might be getting it down-under in time for the end of March (assuming you want to join the current Postcard exchange) in which case you can just use normal RC paper - a large label on the back makes it stiffer and allows writing the address etc.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is there any word on which dealers will be stocking this in the UK?

Silverprint's site doesn't seem to be listing it yet... (Calumet's doesn't show half their darkroom products and I simply didn't bother looking on Jessops...! :rolleyes: )

Failing that - Simon, bring a Transit-full of stuff and a cash register up to the Green Dragon in April. I guarantee it'll be lighter on the return trip!
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All,
    If anyone has issues getting this paper in, I would be more than happy to purchase it when it comes in, and airmail it to your location. I am not sure what the price per box is going to be yet, but the box *should* fit inside the large flat-rate globial priority mailer throught he US postal service - which costs $9.50USD, and will arrive at most locations in 4-6 days. I will not charge any extra for this, just whatever the cost per box is, and actual shipping costs.

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is cool news. Many different products get talked about here on APUG. Of them (Azo, tech-pan, postcard paper, APX100 in 120 size, etc), the one on the top of my list to try is the postcard paper.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is this stuff graded or VC? FB or RC? I have a hard time visualising RC postcard paper, be hard to write on, eh? And what emulsion are we getting on it? I just got into some old Kodabromide postcard paper today for the first time and had a blast with it so I really like having a replacement when I burn through this old stuff.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Is this stuff graded or VC? FB or RC? I have a hard time visualising RC postcard paper, be hard to write on, eh? And what emulsion are we getting on it? I just got into some old Kodabromide postcard paper today for the first time and had a blast with it so I really like having a replacement when I burn through this old stuff.
    The stuff I've got is MGIV RC Portfolio quality. Slightly stiffer than MGIV RC.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So I would assume something has been done to the back of the RC paper to make it receptive to ordinary pen and pencil? Can't wait to find some and see how it looks.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It does tale 'biro' but there's two problems... you need to let it dry or it will smudge, but more importantly, the sharp point will leave indentations that you can see from the front. A bit ugly. The thinest soft tipped 'permanent marker' (like a Sharpie) you can get seems to be the easiest to deal with.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    It does tale 'biro' but there's two problems... you need to let it dry or it will smudge, but more importantly, the sharp point will leave indentations that you can see from the front. A bit ugly. The thinest soft tipped 'permanent marker' (like a Sharpie) you can get seems to be the easiest to deal with.
    I use a thick biro/ball-point with the card face down on a hard surface (normally a CD case as I can reach one from where I normally sit without all the effort of standing up!)

Steve

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin