Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,794   Online: 765

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Confirmed: Ilford Postcard Paper

All,
    I stopped in at my my local photographic purveyor today to inquire if he has heard anything as to the availability of the Ilford Postcard Paper. He wasn't even aware that it was making a comeback, so he made a phone call to the distributer. The individual there told him that it will be shipped from the UK within the next two weeks, and should be available for purchase sometime in the first week of March. It will be available in 100 count boxes, in either gloss or pearl.
    Hopefully just in time to get started for the post-card exchange...

Regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It would appear that sending postcards to Simon at Ilford, worked?

We sometimes make a big difference, with small steps!

Mick.

Shooter
    Large Format
    WOHA!!! I just can't believe it!!! When I wrote them, it seemed that the reissue of the postcard type was the last thing they had in mind!!!

You made my day! Welcome back, postcard!
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Fantastic news! If anyone sees this anywhere, please let us know. I am waiting for it myself and would be happy to buy 2 boxes straight away.

- Randy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

I did tell you all it was coming back....and its shipping next week, and it is down to everyone at APUG and our distributors support ( the USA bought big ! )

And yes your postcards to me did help...and I am going to run a postcard competion
    for APUG members, I just need to meet up with Sean in Toronto to agree everything.

Simon ILFORDPhoto / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Large Format
    Simon, I may be repetitive but this "direct line" with customers is just fantastic.

Ilford's always been my family's choosen brand, and now that things were supposed to get worse day by day are instead getting better!

They will get PERFECT as soon as 1- or 2-litres Ilfochrome kits will be produced and available again in Italy (er... would you mind to take a note? )
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Excellent news - but how many people did as I did and stocked up with enough Ilford postcard paper to last a lifetime when it seemed as if it would never be seen again? I even found two full 100 sheet boxes mis-described on a well-known internet auction site and paid little more than the cost of the postage for them.
    Simon - if Ilford run short of stock, give me a shout in Devon ;-)

Best wishes to all,
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear All,

I did tell you all it was coming back....and its shipping next week, and it is down to everyone at APUG and our distributors support ( the USA bought big ! )

And yes your postcards to me did help...and I am going to run a postcard competion
    for APUG members, I just need to meet up with Sean in Toronto to agree everything.

Simon ILFORDPhoto / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Postcard competition? OH BOY OH BOY, I feel a postcard core dump coming on. I seem to have just a bit of extra card stock to work from.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,
    As someone coming in late, can someone tell me the dimensions of the postcard paper?
    Thanks
    Brendan
    [FONT=Ariel]Brendan F Sforcina[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Magpie: adj, of or like a magpie; characterized by the habit of hoarding ascribed to magpies.[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie
    Hi,
    As someone coming in late, can someone tell me the dimensions of the postcard paper?
    Thanks
    Brendan
    Postcard sized....

Sorry, I really must learn to resist... Assuming it is the same size as previously, 10x15cm.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin